MAC Blush: Cubic, Buff, Prism, Peachtwist, House Wine

I already know what you’re going to say about today’s swatches (because I thought the same thing myself): “I had no idea those colors were so similar!”

I’ve heard Cubic recommended as a contouring blush, and I honestly had no idea it was so peachy. Buff is probably my “other” favorite MAC blush (I also mentioned Springsheen earlier this week) — I didn’t realize it was so peachy either. It doesn’t LOOK that peachy in the pan or on my cheek; it just looks like a perfectly pretty, natural flush.

Anyway, this is going to sound crazy (because they’re all peach), but Cubic is comparatively cooler/mauvier; Buff is peachier. Prism is like a deeper version of Cubic (more brown, deeper shade). Peachtwist is a brighter, louder, sparklier peach. And then House Wine is sort of brown-burgundy, like red wine that’s turned.

MAC’s potted blushes are $18.50; the pans are $15.50. To buy a pro shade, you can visit a pro store, or call 1-800-387-6707.
MAC, blush, swatches, Cubic, Buff, Prism, Peachtwist, House WineMAC Blush: Cubic, Buff, Prism, Peachtwist, House Wine

13 Responses to “MAC Blush: Cubic, Buff, Prism, Peachtwist, House Wine”

• xLovelyMakeupx says:

>BUFF IS MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE BLUSH AND IT WAS MY 1ST MAC BLUSH

• SweetTea says:

>Cubic was my first MAC blush…lol, such fond memories! :)

• amy@cafemakeup.com says:

>SweetTea, Cubic was my first blush too LOL! But I honestly don't think I've ever actually seen Buff or Prism, which look like really interesting neutrals. Thanks for doing these Karla, this is really helpful….

• Andrea says:

>Cubic was my first MAC blush and still the most perfect neutral shade for my NW20 skin. I love it!

• Sylvie says:

>When I had my makeup workshop at MAC a year ago, the makeup artist used Prism as a contouring colour on me (NC30) and Fawntastic CCB as a highlight. Best I've ever seen my skin and my cheekbones. I've been trying to recreate the effect ever since but I guess it's simply impossible unless I fork out the cash and get Prism. Oh no, your swatches have yet again awaken my desires!

• ahhhttack says:

>Oh dear, I managed to stay strong through the other swatches but Cubic and Peachtwist will just have to be mine. Thanks for doing this!

• mewmew112 says:

>I remember the day I was at MAC trying to pick out a "natural" blush and was stuck on Cubic or Prism. They are sooo similar! I chose Cubic over Prism because though they're both dirty/dusty pinks, I find Cubic less pink therefore ideal for the natural look I was going for.

• Kiradris says:

>Love Prism, one of my fav MAC blushes! Thanks for the swatches, I've always wondered how Prism & Cubic differed, as they always seemed so similar to me.

• K says:

>I LOVE, LOVE this post. I loved it when you did all the MAC eyeshadows. Thank you so much!

• Musicalhouses says:

>Wow, they are similar! I guess that does kill a couple of lemmings! Thanks Karla!

• Kathy says:

>I wear Cubic, but not as a contour. It's pinky-mauve on me rather than peach, but pretty neutral as far as blushes go. The now-discontinued Strada was a good contour color.

• emily says:

>Great swatches Karla as always! could you please explain the differences between the finishes in general…satin, sheertone, frost, etc?

>Generally speaking, the Sheertone and Sheertone Shimmers are a little more sheer. Sheertones are always matte; Sheertone Shimmers have a bit of shimmer/sparkle (and if a blush has a lot of shimmer/sparkle/frost, it's usually a Sheertone Shimmer).

Frosts, Satins, and Mattes are a little less sheer in terms of pigment. The Mattes are matte, obviously, the Satins might have some sheen to them (but sometimes they look matte), and the Frosts have a little more sheen or sparkle.

I hope that helps!