MAC Blush: Harmony, Sincere, Clove, Blunt, Format

Still working our way through the MAC blushes; today I have an assortment of browns. I’ll be honest; I’d never looked at these shades before and I’m not quite sure what to do with them. Thoughts? Ideas?

MAC’s potted blushes are $18.50; the pans are $15.50. To buy a pro shade, you can visit a pro store, or call 1-800-387-6707.

MAC, blush, swatches, Harmony, Sincere, Clove, Blunt, FormatMAC Blush: Harmony, Sincere, Clove, Blunt, Format

12 Responses to “MAC Blush: Harmony, Sincere, Clove, Blunt, Format”

• Anon says:

These seem almost like bronzer shades….

• Jessica says:

One of my favorite YouTube makeup gurus, Tanya of pixi2woo, uses Harmony as a contour powder rather than a blush. I’m thinking about trying it for that purpose.

• Alena Butorova says:

I use Harmony to contour and it works very well!

• Lucille says:

These shades are good for people like me who have redness issues…or rosacea. We need “color” but not exra pink red or orange. I also use them for contouring.

• Melissa says:

I agree with Lucille – I have rosacea and need to avoid pink blushes (even using MAC Studio Fix powder, some of my pinkness shows through). I use Sincere as blush using a light hand. I also use Peaches. When using Peaches as my blush, I use a bit of Sincere towards my ear, just under my cheekbone to help contour my face. Blunt is terrific for contouring since it’s matte. I use a tapered brush to make sure it lands where I want it to. Kandee Johnson (kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com) uses Blunt as her contour color; I believe she has youtube videos showing how.

• Georgiana says:

I could KISS you for these. Recently rediscovered both my love for blush, and my HATE for MAC online swatches. So thank you, thank you!

Also, i too found Harmony blush from my favourite guru, pixi2woo. I’m nw15/nc15 and it’s warm and perfect!

• jacqueline says:

i use harmony as a contour, but guru’s like kandee johnson like blunt for contour – i find that one to be too dark for my skintone

• Pinch says:

I’m an nc15 with blue undertones (use yellow foundation to cancel red), and love using sincere as a blush, especially with red lips or colorful eyes, as it’s competely neutral.

Harmony looks like it could be a wonderful contour for us fairer ladies :)

• Allison says:

I use a discontinued color for called Strada for contouring; some of these shades could be used as contouring for people with medium and very tan skin. They could also used as highlighters or color enhancers/correctors for people with dark skin. Whenever I see strange colors from MAC, I always remember that this is a line designed for professionals first – they need a rainbow. Plus, a good pro can make anything work. Good thing for me, MAC does a great job with wearable, easy to apply shades as well.

• Sara says:

Hey doll! I BADLY and I do mean badly want that Clove blush. I have been searching high and low. I found Ebay but I wont buy from Ebay, as I do not trust them :/ Do you have any idea where I can find this? I would be willing to buy from you too if you have it! I am broke but I NEED this blush! Thank you so much doll for any help you can offer me! ♥

• Emily says:

I just bought format today and I like it! i’m pretty fair but when i use a light hand it looks good and the make up artist said it looked “bomb” on me so i hope she is right..

• khristine t says:

Would you happen to know a dupe for MAC Blunt Blush?