Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals

Bobbi Brown, Cabana Coral, displayBobbi Brown’s spring coral collection is now at counters everywhere (though the palette you see in this display is exclusive to Neiman Marcus). The collection reintroduces Nectar Shimmer Brick ($38) — now at full size, compared to the holiday mini. (Nectar also happens to be this week’s giveaway prize.)

Shimmer Bricks are definitely shimmery, so it’s probably unfair of me to swatch them so heavily — you would use a much lighter hand to apply. Nectar is a bit of a mystery to me. I can see it being a good highlighter on darker skintones — and I love the color, but is it too sparkly to be a blush for me?

As with all Shimmerbricks, these are multipurpose, and can be used as eyeshadow as well as highlighter (or blush).
Bobbi Brown, Nectar, Shimmer Brick, Shimmerbrick, swatches
Bobbi Brown, Pink Quartz, promoPink Quartz also makes a comeback, and it’s worth recalling what the original Pink Quartz promotional photo looked like, because (yes it’s photoshopped, but) it was gorgeous. But strange things happen to Pink Quartz when you swatch it heavily.
Bobbi Brown, Pink Quartz, Shimmer Brick, Shimmerbrick, swatchesThere are three new Metallic Lip Colors: Coral Reef, Calypso Glaze, and Coral Glaze (names that I am doomed to confuse for one another). There are also three “regular” lip colors: Guava and Cabo Coral are new (and permanent, according to my sales associate). Carnation is a repromote from the permanent line — these shades look incredibly similar to me.  All Bobbi lipsticks are $22.

There are also three lipglosses ($20): Sunset Beach, Golden Nectar, and Coral Sand. These have the infamous “Bobbi brush;” a short lipgloss brush which is “designed” to splay out. It drives me crazy, and I can’t buy Bobbi’s lipgloss as a result. The neck of the tube is also too narrow to permit any other implement.
Bobbi Brown, Cabana Coral, swatches, Coral Reef, Calypso Glaze, Coral Glaze, Guava, Cabo Coral, Carnation, Sunset Beach, Golden Nectar, Coral SandFinally, there are two Pot Rouges ($22): pinker Calypso Coral and more corally Cabo Coral. These are suitable for lip or cheek.
Bobbi Brown, Cabo Coral, Calypso Coral, Cabana Coral, Pot Rouge, swatches
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals: Nectar, Pink Quartz, Cabo Coral, Calypso Coral, Sunset Beach, Golden Nectar, Coral Sand, Coral Reef, Calypso Glaze, Coral Glaze, Guava, Carnation

10 Responses to “Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals”

• Lori Jenkins says:

I can’t rave enough about Pink Quartz – I’m about to buy a replacement. I’m extremely fair and I brush this lightly (all colors combined) across my cheeks and then use a bit of blush on the apples. It’s the perfect lit from within look for me. I agree, it can look odd if applied heavy – but applied lightly it’s lovely. (For reference, I’m bb warm ivory, dark brown eyes, light golden brown hair)

• Catherine says:

Nectar is so freaking gorgeous but I can’t understand how to use it either… I feel like it’s too pigmented (and too expensive) to really use as a highlighter on my skin (NC30 ish) but that it’s way too sparkly to be used as a blush. I’ve seen it on Christine at Temptalia in FOTDs, and even though she does use it as a blush, it’s just not my style, esp since I do get pretty bad midday shine. It’s so, so gorgeous though…

• killingxspree says:

I love the nectar one. I’ts sooo beautiful!

• helena says:

Hi karla, i love the colours for the lipglosses but like a lot of people, i hate the brush! can you recommend any dupes from mac? Thanks a lot!

• Tracet says:

I have nectar (love it) I cabo pot rouge under my powder and then a light dusting of Nectar Shimmerbrick on top of my powder – loved it!!! it’s more of a sheen than shimmer.

• Abbi says:

Nectar is love at first sight for me, but this love will remain unrequited as it is out of my league (price wise).

• Chrissie says:

WOw these look SOOO beautiful! Thanks so much Karla for the swatches!

• Kushi says:

Thanks for the swatches! how similar is the pot rouges compared to latest MAC’s creamblend blushes, Optimistic orange and JDV, are they dupes? Thanks

Helena, I consulted one of my MAC artists, and she recommended Beaux, Enchantress, Lust, Entice, Love Nectar, and Gold Dust. I hope that helps!

Kushi: Optimistic Orange is pretty similar to Cabo Coral. I think the MAC might be a little more orange, and the Pot Rouge a bit more coral. Joie-de-Vivre feels less similar to Calypso Coral (it’s more pink). Here are the Lillyland swatches: http://karlasugar.net/2010/01/mac-in-lillyland/

• helena says:

Thanks very much karla! I would definitely be checking them out, some of them are on my to-buy list as well! I find prrr and sinnamon to be gd dupes as well.

I have been irritated at how little product the brush picks up, so i tried removing the rubber stopper- seems to help majorly!