Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation

Yet another piece of the Chanel foundation puzzle today: Pro Lumiere foundation. Click here to revisit the comparative Chanel foundation chart. We’ve already looked at swatches of Lift Lumiere and Teinte Innocence fluid.

Pro Lumiere is a medium-to-full coverage, “soft matte” (aka semi-matte) foundation containing SPF 15 (the sun-protection ingredients are octinoxate and oxybenzone). Pro Lumiere fills me with questions: why are there so few shades? Why are the shade names and numbers online different from what I found at my counter? Chanel’s website gives these shades decimal designations; at my counter I found multiples of 10. Limpide-Nude was 10; Clair-Cameo was 20; Cendre-Shell was 30; Beige was 40; Naturel was 50; and Soft Bisque didn’t have a number. Maybe these were older testers, and Chanel more recently switched to the .5, 1.0, 1.5 system? If there’s a Chanel expert in the house, I’d love your insight.
Chanel, Pro Lumiere, foundation, swatches, Limpide-Nude, Clair-Cameo, Cendre-Shell, Beige, Soft Bisque, Naturel
Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation: Limpide, Nude, Clair, Cameo, Cendre, Shell, Beige, Soft Bisque, Naturel

13 Responses to “Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation”

• Kristina says:

I don’t fancy myself an expert but Chanel has a naming/numbering system that is a Euro/ Canada/website system and the US counters have a completely different system. The decimals are the french system that the website also uses.

It is very confusing, when trying to shop online vs going to the counter and many SA aren’t familiar with the website (euro/canada) system.

*head explodes*

• Fiona says:

Hey Karla, your posts are no longer shown as it’s entirety in RSS feeders anymore. Are you able to adjust this? Many thanks.

When did this change? Today?

• Pobeda says:

Uhm, can’t think of using any Chanel make-up or foundations, unfortunately. Just can’t.
    There’s smth missing in the quality of their products,imho.

I’m a MAC SFF and SC fan, I love Diorskin Nude foundation or MUFE’s one, but I just don’t fancy Chanel cosmetic products. Especially eyeshadows – I agree with the vast majority that they are too sheer, don’t “stick” properly and are overpriced.

*offtop, sorry*

• Pobeda says:

Yap, second that about RSS problem, Karla. :-\

In Bloglines I got smth weird going on. Double-posted and then just a preview thumbnail of Chanel swatches. Started today. HTH :)

• Petra says:

I just bought ProLumiere today at a discount price – so they may be switching the shades here as well, and having a clearance due to it, but the ones I found so far from the lumiere* foundations were mostly 20-30-40, and very limited shades. Here they also have names, such as Clair (20) and Opaline (15). This was the only shade available in an odd (meaning ending in a 5) number, and it was also the lightest shade they keep. In fact,here I haven’t yet seen a shade lighter than 20 until this one.
    Don’t know if this helps anyone.
    Btw, the ProLumiere that i bought (probably on clearance) seems to have a bottle slightly different than my MatLumiere one: previous one’s cap is a bit of a rectangle shape, while the other is a square.

• I’m not a Chanel expert either. This is me just thinking off the top of my head. Maybe the reason why they don’t offer many shades in this is because one shade of Pro Lumiere foundation can suit several skin tones? When I bought mine, the make up artist behind the counter wanted to wait a minute to let the foundation settle because it changes as it blends into the skin. I know lots of make up artists who take two shades of a foundation and blend them to get the perfect shade. Who knows – maybe it’s a ploy to get some customers to two buy two shades and customize their own. I paid full price for my bottle, and one bottle is enough for me! Despite the price tag, it is my favorite foundation which has gotten me the most compliments – more than Make Up Forever or Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

- Mabeline

• chelle says:

Hey karla I’m an nc44 do u think I could wear the darkest shade natural?

• Steph says:

How come this is missing the color Sand? Its listed on the Chanel website but I don’t see it here.

Thanks

• Alyne says:

Hello!
    In the photo the shade “cendre-shell” doesn’t look pinkish. Is that right in “real life”?
    Thank you!
    xoxo

• Alyne says:

Hello, that’s me again!
    About the shade “beige”, is it pinkish?
    Sorry for the questions, but I have yellow undertone and I’m afraid of purchasing a shade with pink undertone.
    Thank you again!
    xoxo

Neither one is pink, but Beige is more yellow.

• Andrea says:

Chanel has discontinued Pro Lumiere and I am very distraught. Please advise where I might buy it. I’ve combed the web, checking beauty website, Amazon, and Ebay, but no one has my color. Help!