MAC Spring Colour Forecast: Ombre Blushes

MAC, Spring Forecast, Ombre BlushEach of the four color groups in MAC’s Spring Color Forecast includes a new product: Ombre Blush. “Ombre” refers to the color gradient of the powder — like dip-dyed clothing, they transition from one shade to another.

I swatched the shade at the top and the shade at the bottom separately (it’s conceivable that some top shades might perform as a highlighter?), then swirled my sponge for the blended effect.
MAC, Spring Forecast, Ombre Blush, swatches, Azalea Blossom, Vintage Grape
The internet seems to be buzzing over Ripe Peach, so I definitely feel dysfunctional that these didn’t do it for me. I expected them to be much more sheer (though obviously you’ll get a better result with a blush brush or a skunk brush than a triangle sponge).
MAC, Spring Forecast, Ombre Blush, swatches, Ripe Peach, Springshine
Ombre blushes are $25 and limited edition. (Click here to compare them to other options from MAC’s permanent line.)

MAC Spring Forecast: Ombre Blush, Azalea Blossom, Ripe Peach, Springshine, Vintage Grape

17 Responses to “MAC Spring Colour Forecast: Ombre Blushes”

• Tiffany says:

Thanks for the swatches! I was planning on skipping the blushes but I was still very curious about all these colors. For the record, I kind of like the bottom color of Ripe Peach.

• Cathy says:

Great swatches, thank you!

• Fuffi says:

Which brushes do u use for ur swatches!Really great swatches!

• Miss_M says:

Thanks for the swatches, now I have to get Azalea Blossom and Ripe Peach.

This collection is going to make me bankrupt, it’s way too big to be released at ones!

• Kelly says:

Hi Karla,

I’d read somewhere that the gradient colours was an overspray, did you find that to be the case too?

Thanks :) x

• Kathy says:

Ripe Peach is gorgeous, but I can’t see making the top color work. It’s far too yellow for a blush unless when the three shades blend together it reads a bit pink/peachier. Mixed, it still looks yellowish.

• lexi920 says:

I skipped these during the pre-sale and now it’s like finding a unicorn in the middle of the street if you can find it at any store. Azalea and Ripe Peach are sold out even online. I think I now want it because it’s so hard to obtain but I’m wondering if I would even use it if I were lucky enough to score the Azalea Blossom….

• Baby says:

Thank you! Love all of them, specially vintage grape!

• mayrei says:

I think they’re just too much for me. I had wanted to Springshine, but all the swatches I’ve been seeing make it look way too dark for me.

• Allison R. says:

I went to a prostore and had a MUA work with me on these because I love ombre anything – ripe peach is gorgeous on when applied with a skunk brush. They swirl easily and when applied lightly, provide a sheer pop of vibrant color…I got RP and Azalea and I love them both for spring.

I really fell for this collection hard…I’ve been happy with everything I hauled – Nanogold e/s, the plum quad, the two aforementioned blushes and the Electric fushia l/g. (NW20, black hair)

• Connie says:

best. swatches. ever!

I’ve got ripe peach but I’m not loving it as much as others. You are not alone. =)

• PlatinumV says:

Azalea must be mine! Love the way you have swatched them, showing up, down and mixed colours!

• everbluec says:

I can’t wait for Ripe Peach and Springshine!! It will be out in March in Singapore!!!

• Danielle says:

I agree, I can’t get the hype on this one. It isn’t a shy beauty BPB, or even anything close to peechykeen. I don’t get it, even being a blush collector! $25 is wayyyy tooo much for a blush from MAC.

• Joy says:

FYI…Nordstroms.com still has the blushes and lip glasses available. Just made a purchase for the vintage grape blush and electric fuschia lip glass. ***happy shopping***

Fuffi — I swatch with triangle sponges, which results in a heavy swatch (much heavier than you’d actually apply to your cheek). But this does help the camera capture the color (and undertones).

Kelly — the colors go all the way through. Definitely not overspray.

And for anyone seeking Ripe Peach and discovering that it’s totally sold out, NARS Gilda looks like it might be close approximation: http://karlasugar.net/2009/01/nars-blush-recap/ (same price, too!)