MAC Spring Forecast Preview Party

Last night my MAC store had an early-launch party for Spring Forecast, the big upcoming collection. This was actually the first time I’d been to a collection launch, and the scene was managed chaos. MAC Spring Forecast Preview PartyPeople were given scheduled arrival times, and admitted in batches to view the collection. When I arrived, the line to get in stretched down the hall and around the corner. MAC Spring Forecast Launch Party, pinkThe four colors of the collection (pink, coral, plum, and amber) were each set up as individual stations, with an artist to answer questions and demonstrate any of the products on you.MAC Spring Forecast, pinkIt was really too crowded for me to take my usual swatch pictures — but I figure there’s always this weekend. One interesting item in the pink and coral collections were these set of four pigments in stackable jars. I heard that these pigments are a new formulation — they’re supposed to contain an ingredient that helps them adhere to skin, even without a base underneath. I’ll comment more on that when I have some first-hand experience. MAC Spring Forecast, coralI think coral is going to be my favorite part of the collection (shock!). Meanwhile, servers circled with trays of hors d’oeuvres and theme-colored drinks. I was too busy snapping pictures to partake. MAC Spring Forecast, coralI’m really curious about the “ombre” (gradient) blushes. I usually love MAC blush, but, while browsing, I suddenly remembered seeing some gradient blushes on the Estee Lauder counter… I wonder how similar they are. MAC Spring Forecast, plumThe eyeshadow quads are slightly different in this collection. I wouldn’t say better or worse, just different. I wonder if all quad palettes are going to move to this look?  Plum was a really popular station (as you’d expect). The artist stationed there was so busy I couldn’t ask her to hold still for a picture — so you get an action shot.MAC Spring Forecast, plumThe artist at the Amber station was actually dipping a blush brush in the three darkest colors of the eyeshadow palette and using it as a blush on darker skinned customers. It looked pretty amazing.MAC Spring Forecast, goldDo not be alarmed by his costume contact lenses — he’s a makeup genius. MAC Spring Forecast, goldThey also had what MAC calls an “animatic,” a live recreation of the promo image of the collection. They had a totally cute model, having her makeup done by one of the artists — I managed to snap a picture before her look was finished. MAC Spring Forecast model

14 Responses to “MAC Spring Forecast Preview Party”

• Pam says:

Are you posting swatches of this collection soon! I always check out your swatches before ordering!! I so appreciate them!

• Amy says:

Your party sounds a little more organized compared to the one I went to last night. I had a great time though. Pink is my favorite color, so I was expecting to really love that collection, but I fell in love with Coral. I purchased the ombre blush, two eyeshadows, and a lipglass from the Coral collection. I didn’t try the new pigments, so I’m looking forward to your swatches!

• Emma says:

This looks realy fun!

• Tish says:

Karla were you there last night…so was I…I probably was looking right at you…I was there from 7 to 9

Pam — definitely hoping to swatch this collection this weekend.

Tish — we probably walked right past each other!

• bankypie says:

Can’t wait for your swatches! From what I understand, the quad packaging is what they will all look like going forward.

• Lina says:

Sweet photos!!!! Can’t wait for your swatches.

• Tish says:

Karla : I know…But after about my 5th Vodka and OJ My vision was slightly off anyway…lol I just looked at the pics and I was like…wow those are my same pics lol..then I saw my Blakey Baby

• Danni says:

Oh, my God, you were at the MAC store at Northpark Mall, weren’t you?!?!? I was there!!! I thought the store looked familiar, but wasn’t for sure until you got to the pictures of the makeup artists. I wish I had some clue who you were; I would’ve said hello :) .

• Pinch says:

Nice! How fun to be able to partake these things! I’m looking forward to the swatches :)

• babicsek says:

Lu:

The first sentence starts like this:
    Bei karlasugar konnte man schon vor ein paar Tagen…

So she is using the pics from this site,but she’s also naming the site,and also including a link to Karlas site.First read,then act:D

• I didn’t know that there are also MAC parties?! :eek: I really wanna see that. :)

• Wendy says:

MAC sometimes seems really boring its kinda the same, I’m sometimes really surprised by the lack of quality in the products and the lack of imagination when it comes to the packaging but I heva yet to try the lipglass guess I will give it the benefit of the doubt.