Sneak Peek! MAC Riveting

MAC, Riveting, promoI just caught word of a new MAC collection, scheduled to hit counters February 18. It’s called Riveting, and the theme is 80s glam rock.

The collection includes:

Lipstick ($14)

• Metal Maven – pale frosted silver (Frost)
  • Bubbles – sheer pale white pink ice (Glaze); a repromote, last seen in Sugarsweet
  • Riveting – mid-tone dirty mauve taupe (Glaze)
  • Show Orchid – vivid hot pink (Amplified); a repromote of a pro shade

Lipglass ($14)

• Rock Out – light icy silver with pearl
  • True Babe – creamy mid-tone bright blue-pink

MAC, Riveting, promo, Rock Out, True Babe, Bubbles, Show Orchid, Metal Maven, Riveting
Nail Polish ($12) — and they’re all matte!

• Studded – matte true silver with pearl
  • Wham, Bam, Glam – matte cool, dark taupe (has MAC caught on that “taupe” is the most powerful word in the makeup lexicon?)
  • Black Enough? – matte black

MAC, Riveting, promo, Studded, Wham Bam Glam, Black Enough
The Penultimate eyeliner in Rapidblack is being repromoted ($16.50). As is pro blush Full Fuchsia and otherwise discontinued pro blush Dirty Plum ($18.50 each). You’ll also see the 188 “small skunk” brush ($34), and the 48 Lash (“longer wispy bundles with an even edge;” $13).

12 Responses to “Sneak Peek! MAC Riveting”

• Kizzy-online says:

Can’t wait for the pics!

• doesn’t sound like there are any urgent needs there to me. I managed to get a hold of Illamasqua’s Galactic Intense gloss, which is like lip-foil, and who really needs 2 silver lip shades? I am interested to see Show Orchid, it’s reputation precedes it, but since it’s Pro I can pick it up anytime. My only real interest is in the True Babe lipglass- we shall see!

• Shannon Steele says:

WOo hoo, eyelashes and a brush, here i come.

• Shayla says:

I believe you posted the wrong picture of the lipsticks and glosses…..

• Tiffany says:

Hm. From the looks of this I think I’ll be okay skipping it (my next no-buy starts after Mardi Gras), but watch, I’ll see the swatches and want at least three things. :P

• valerie says:

son of a biscuit eater! it’s like they knew that I had sworn off buying any more MAC lipsticks, and chose the 3 words that always get me – dirty. mauve. taupe.

• Emma says:

I love!!! Great pic and the colours are amz.

• Eva says:

I want a rock collection, but none of the products interest me. :[ The silver lipgloss maybe, but I won’t wear it often enough to warrant a purchase.

• Erin Carpenter says:

I love seeing a collection and knowing I want NOTHING from it. =)

• Maggie says:

I really want all of the lip products from this collection. Not a huge fan of the nail polishes though, maybe because I don’t really wear nail polish?

• I’m glad there’s not too much if anything I want from this collection. I’m still trying to recover from the Spring Colour Forecast collection!

• Violet says:

The colors of those lipsticks aren’t remotely close…