MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga

MAC, Viva Glam, Gaga, Cyndi, displayAs you’ve no doubt heard by now, MAC’s new Viva Glam lipsticks are  online and on counters (they released about a month early).

Cyndi (Cyndi Lauper) and Gaga (Lady Gaga) are both lustre formulas. Cyndi is a pretty, sheer, strawberry red; Gaga is a cool, pale pink. They’re limited edition, but they’ll be available for about a year. As with all Viva Glam products, 100% of the purchase price is donated to AIDS charities. MAC makes no profit on these — they donate the cost of production. I’m also really thrilled about next week’s Viva Glam giveaway (thanks for voting — that’s the one I wanted to do, too).

Click here to browse the other Viva Glam lipstick shades. Viva Glam lipsticks (and glosses) are $14 each.
MAC, Viva Glam, Gaga, Cyndi, swatch

11 Responses to “MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga”

• lexi920 says:

I recently bought Cyndi and I love it. Maybe I really love it because of the cause and how much I love Cyndi Lauper but it also helps that it’s a pretty red/coral color that I can get actually get away with!

• Shamini says:

I wanted to get both, but as far as I can see the Lady Gaga one is already sold out. And I don’t have a dime until tomorrow. So cool! :(

• Lori says:

Ohh..they are around for a year? Because when I talked with MAC.com Chat yesterday about GaGa being out of stock, they said that they were trying to get more stock, but weren’t sure if they would and I could put my name on a wait list. The person on Chat said my best bet would to call a store/counter near me to see if they had it. She made it sound like that once they were sold out they weren’t sure they would be getting it anymore… but I already bought backups of both…2 more of Cyndi…I love it that much! :D

• santi says:

i have both of them. the girl i spoke to at the counter said when they’re gone, they’re gone which is super sad. cyndi is one of the most delicate reds i have, and gaga is a pretty much universally flattering pink…

i need more money to go buy a backup of each! haha.

• I’ve heard the comparison before, but can anyone speak to how similar Gaga is to Saint Germain?

• JL says:

Are there gloss versions of these? I was confused by the picture having two swatches of each color- is the second one the gloss version?

No, JL, it’s just the lipsticks. You’re looking at first a layered swatch, then a single swipe (to get an idea of the pigmentation).

Jessica A, here are two swatches of St. Germain. The color is similar, but Germain seems more … intense? to me, probably because the Amplified Creme formula is more opaque?

• KellyK. says:

just ordered the cyndi color today and used offer code 2buzz for free second day air shipping, so excited! hope its as pretty on me as it looks like it will be!

• KellyK says:

ok, follow up on my last comment, the cyndi is SO pretty on me! i’m and NC/NW15-20 and this color is the perfect red for me! so stunning, i plan to buy another tube so i wont run out because of it being LE…. gonna get the gloss and bag too!