Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow

Benefit is diving headlong into spring, with 6 new shades of their fantastically soft and smooth Velvet Eyeshadows ($18). The Velvet shadows were launched in the summer of last year with nine shades that focused largely on neutrals (score). Click here to see those swatches.

The spring launch brings a little more color (and a little more shimmer) to the table. Nice Melons is peached pink with a touch of gold. Buns is very muted (almost brown) rose.  Shamrocker is a deliciously cooling mint; Mermaid is green teal duochrome with gold shimmer. Fancy Pansy is lilac that reflects a subtle blue sheen. Bo Peep is a frosty peony pink.

Despite the overwhelming springiness of the new shades, I think they’re here to stay. Sephora.com doesn’t distinguish between the original nine and the new six. [EDIT: I recently learned these shades ARE limited edition, so if you see one you love, don't wait.]
Benefit, Velvet, swatches, Nice Melons, Buns, Shamrocker, Mermaid, Fancy Pansy, Bo Peep
Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow: Nice Melons, Buns, Shamrocker, Mermaid, Fancy Pansy, Bo Peep

7 Responses to “Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow”

• Abbi says:

wow gorgeous pretty colours, love em

• Kelly says:

I can’t begin to express how much I adore these BeneFit eyeshadows. I have them all and I can’t wait for them to release more :D

x

• I love the Benefit Velvet shadows–the texture is divine, they are long lasting and hae just the right amount of shimmer. These spring ones look more frosty than the regular line, although I may need Nice Melons!

• priya says:

i have never tried any benefit shadows ,hmmm, think its time to try :)

• Ondina says:

Any chance you could compare Buckle Bunny with Buns? They look so similar.

• Krista says:

Do you have Urban Decay’s Shattered e/s? Is it much/at all like the Mermaid one? (Just curious) Thanks!

Krista, I don’t own Shattered, but I did swatch it: http://karlasugar.net/2008/10/urban-decay-eyeshadow-part-3/

It looks much more blue and gold.