Dior Extase Pinks and Mystic Smokys

Dior, Mystic SmokysA curious development in the world of Dior eyeshadow quints. When the spring Lace collection came out, department store counters got two quints: Coquette and Pearl Glow (click for swatches). Sephora instead received 804 Extase Pinks and 004 Mystic Smokys. I’d thought these two quints were exclusive to Sephora, but they just appeared in Nordstrom, as part of a “collection” called Haute Couture (also included are 790 Night Dust and 970 Stylish Move — coincidentally swatched together here).

Just a swatcher’s opinion, but Mystic Smokys and Extase Pinks felt… different to me. Don’t get me wrong, I think they photographed beautifully, but I made a note that Mystic Smokys felt unusually chalky for Dior (bad tester?). The colors also feel just slightly outside the Dior mold. Dior quints are up to $58 now.

Mystic Smokys offers a very blackened purple with a few purple sparkles, a charcoal taupe shimmer, a bright white frost, a warm (gold) white frost, and a matte cool brown.

Extase Pink contains a pink with silver sparkles, a grey-brown similar to Mystic Smokys (but smoother).  There’s also a white-pink, a lighter, cooler steel grey, and a sheeny, reflective violet.
Dior, swatches, Mystic Smokys, Extase Pinks

11 Responses to “Dior Extase Pinks and Mystic Smokys”

• Silvia says:

I got Mystic Smokeys a month ago and love it! The purple is gorgeous, maybe with a primer it would stands better :) The white is so velvet, and the grey is beautiful.

Extase Pinks is in my list too!

• Angie says:

Another blogger commented on how different the formula was, and how coincidental it was that the singles had been reformulated as well. So… Are the darker shades dupes for Ultra Violet, Argentic and Trendy Taupe? They look very similar.

But the singles are SO nice. The colors are similar, but the texture seems different…

• lexi920 says:

Wow – the mystic smokeys look a bit chalky swatched on you. I can only imagine what that would look like on my dark skin!

• Steph says:

Actually, I have extase pinks and found it really chalky. The new quints (extase pinks, mystic smokys, along with the other repromoted two) are a ‘new formulation’. Stylish move and night dust have been reformulated.

• Angie says:

Thanks Karla! I already have Trendy Taupe and Argentic. I think I’ll just get Ultra Violet and skip the Smokys.

• Eileen says:

I recently had my make-up done by a Dior MA during an “event” and she used the Extase Pinks in the new formulation. Not only were the colors very wearable, but they glided an as smooth as silk and blended seamlessly. I don’t know what Dior changed in their formulation, but it has yielded an ultra soft, highly pigmented quint.

• Anitacska says:

Ooh, I really want these, but they’re not available in the UK yet. :(

• Shannon says:

YES! I’ve been waiting for swatches on the new Dior quints that showed up on Sephora. went for Pearl Glow first since it’s LE, but i’m considering getting Extase Pink next. Was waffling between Extase Pink and Mystic Smokys before, but not any more! I’m def more of an irridescent/shimmer person, so Extase Pink looks right up my alley. Thank you!

though I am a little worried about the talk of the new formulation being chalky (though it seems mixed). :\ hopefully Sephora’ll have a tester for it eventually so i can drool :D

• Natalie says:

I have Extase pink and I am in love! Everytime I wear it (pink and purple combo), people comment. The pink is glittery and it does fall out. MAC artist thought it was their reflects glitter! You can also use it wet or dry