Lancome Creme de Brilliance

Kate Winslet, Rose Mythique, LancomeLancome’s product development team must be working overtime, because they’ve been putting out a lot of excellent lip products lately. To wit: the new Color Design Matte lipsticks and Creme de Brilliance gloss.

When I first saw Creme de Brilliance appear on Lancome’s website, I imagined a liquid lipstick, similar to Laura Mercier’s Lip Velvets or Chanel’s Rouge Allure Laques — they’re more gloss-like than I expected.

Creme de Brilliance are the gloss equivalent of Lancome’s delightful L’Absolu Rouge lipsticks. Like L’Absolu Rouge, Creme de Brilliance glosses contain Pro-Xylane (the hydrating ingredient also found in Lancome’s Absolue skincare line). The eight colors also correspond to Lancome’s eight most popular shades of that lipstick. And both products are $29 each.
Lancome, Creme de Brilliance, swatches, Amande Sucree, Champagne, Blush Classique, Exotic Orchid, Cherrywood Luxe, Berry Noir, Sienna Ultime, Rose Mythique
Champagne, Blush Classique, Cherrywood Luxe, Sienna Ultime, and Rose Mythique have very tiny sparkles, which translate to a shine on the lips. Champagne is cooler than Blush Classique (my favorite).

Champagne, Berry Noir, Sienna Ultime, and Rose Mythique do stain, and Kate Winslet is wearing Rose Mythique in the promo picture for this release.

8 Responses to “Lancome Creme de Brilliance”

• Carol says:

So pretty! But where do they come up with those names…that’s the pinkest “champagne” I’ve ever seen! Blush Classique is my fav, too!

• Kate M. says:

That’s Kate Winslet?? I honestly did not recognize her…

• Connie says:

wow. i’ve been really impressed w/ lancome lately. Blush classique is a must buy!

• oh these look really nice. i liked the Chanel version but if you said these are more like glosses, then i’d prefer them more! i think blushing classique and champagne are my kind of colours. gorgoues!

• Tiffany says:

Wow, these look lovely. I’ll have to pick one or two up when I get a chance. :D

• diann says:

Like minds! I just went this weekend to check these out and bought Sienna…Bloomies has a lancome GWP right now, so I added this to my haul!

• Tanjia says:

I think I’d go to the UK! I’d love to have access to the full line of GOSH.

• Hofken says:

One of my favorite red carpet moments is Halle Berry in a strapless Valentino dress at the 2000 Emmys. I loved her hair short and spiked.