(Peach-)Pink is My Favorite Color

Ah, spring. When a young lady’s thoughts turn to… pink lipstick. Bright, springy peach-pink certainly seems to be the color of the season. I feel like I’m seeing it everywhere. So if the color is calling to you, you have a variety of price points, brands, formulas, and variations on shade to choose from.

Lancome Chris & Tell, $29, limited edition (definitely one of the brighter options, at least on my skintone)
Lancome, Chris & Tell, Chris and Tell, Pout a Porter, swatches

Armani Rouge d’Armani Pink 510, $30, permanent
Armani, Rouge d'Armani, Pink Ecstasy, lipstick, swatches, 506, 508, 509, 510, 512, 513, 514

MAC Ever Hip, from Give Me Liberty of London, $14, limited edition
MAC, Liberty of London, swatches, Ever Hip, Peachstock, Petals and Peacocks, Blooming Lovely, Frankly Fresh, Perennial High Style, English Accents, A Different Groove

Bobbi Brown Calypso Coral Pot Rouge, $22, limited edition?
Bobbi Brown, Color Strips, Bonfire Palette, Pot Rouge, swatches, Bone, Cafe Cream, Bonfire, Cognac, Caviar, Tawny, Fresh Melon, Calypso Coral

Chanel Egerie (additional swatches), $30, permanent
Chanel, Rouge Coco, swatches, Egerie, Legende, Mademoiselle, Cambon
Chanel, Rouge Coco, Coco Rouge, swatches, Perle, Cashemere, Cashmere, Beige Felin, Secret, Egerie, La Pausa, Organdi Rose, Organdy Rose, Camelia, Mademoiselle, Satin

MAC Made with Love, from Colour Craft, $14, limited edition (more pink)
MAC, Colour Craft, Color Craft, swatches, lipstick, Madly Creative, Ever Embellish, Made With Love, Colour Crafted, Color Crafted, Trimming Talk, Most Popular

MAC Fresh Salmon (rosier) and Color Me Coral (frosty), from Spring Forecast 2 (Coral), $14, limited edition
MAC, Spring Forecast, Coral, swatches, Color Me Coral, Victorian, Fresh Salmon, Rose Maiden, Ember Glow, Kumquat, Cha Cha, Malibu Peach

YSL Rouge Volupte Tender Peach, $34, permanent (peachier)
YSL, Yves Saint Laurent, Rouge Volupte, swatches, Frivolous Pink, Spicy Pink, Vibrant Brown, Exquisite Plum, Luscious Pink, Praline Delight, Soft Beige, Tender Peach

MAC Costa Chic, from Euristocrats II, $14, limited edition in the U.S., permanent in Europe (frosty; more pink)
MAC, Euristocrats, swatches, Costa Chic, Naked Paris, Patisserie, Milan Mode, London Life, Saint Germain, Cockney

NARS Niagara, $24, permanent (brighter, more red)
NARS, spring, swatches, Amour, Albatross, Belle de Jour, Niagara, Cruising, Ophelia, Easy Lover

Did I miss any?

13 Responses to “(Peach-)Pink is My Favorite Color”

• Gail McMenamin says:

Great swatches Karla! Do you have one for Rouge d’Armani 510?

Writing that post right now. :)

• Melissa says:

Love all those coral swatches! Two more coral lippies I love: Dior Serum de Rouge 730 and Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in Sienna Ultime.

• Kiu says:

I just wore Niagara yesterday! I didn’t know it was LE :(

My mistake, Kiu! It’s not — I misread my notes. Sorry to cause you any mental distress.

• Eileen says:

Wow! That’s a lot of swatching you’ve done. You spoil us, Karla, with all your great pictures. Thanks for the comprehensive review.

• Catherine says:

This is such a beautiful feature! And exactly what I’ve been looking for – it’s so nice to be able to see all the coral/pink/peach colors together at once. I think my favorites are Lancome’s Chris and Tell (so sad I didn’t jump on it…) and NARS Niagra. Trying to figure out how close Lancome’s new matte lipstick in Corset is too. Aaaand, I have a horrid lemming for Chanel Rouge Coco in Egerie (and Orchidee). I’ve been looking for the perfect peach/coral forever but all the ones I have seem to go too red or too pink? Even the LM Stickgloss in Peach Sorbet I just got is almost a red on me!

So obvious which colors I’m really into right now though, lol. I immediately gravitate to the coral-peach and brightest hot pink of every collection!

• Susan says:

You forgot the other Bobbi Brown lipsticks that just came out – Calypso Glaze (metallic) and the three others (can’t think what they are right now, but all creams). But rest of swatches are great!

• Dawn says:

I’m wondering if we could see Armani 510 and Lancome Chris & Tell side by side. They look pretty similar in the swatches above.

• Rachel says:

Hey Karla,

First off, love your swatches, as everyone does. And secondly, how would you compare Lancome Chris & Tell l/s to Rouge d’Armani 510? Is there a noticeable difference, irl? Thanks! ;)

• michelle says:

i really love this post! thank you!

• Kate M. says:

Thanks for an amazing post!!  I LOVE corals and I’m always on the hunt for my perfect one…my fave MAC Blow Dry was LE (of course) so I’ve been hunting forever…

I love this comparison post you’re amazing!

• Carrie says:

Thank you for the swatches. I was trying to see how Lancome’s Chris & Tell, Bobbi Brown’s Cabo Coral, and MAC’s Ever Hip compared to one another. This was very helpful.