Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Several readers brought to my attention that I had neglected to swatch one of Armani’s most popular formulas: Luminous Silk Foundation (LSF).

Luminous Silk Foundation is a fluid in a pump bottle. It provides buildable sheer-to-medium coverage with a luminous finish (by comparison, Face Fabric provides sheer coverage with a matte finish. Click here for an explanation of the differences between Armani’s foundation formulas). LSF is lightweight, oil-free, hydrating, and long-lasting. It is $59.

Any strange gaps in the numbering most likely indicates a discontinued shade. Armani’s website lists shade 6, which unfortunately wasn’t available at my counter to swatch — although my counter did have shade 12.5 (not on the website and presumably discontinued).

The foundation is scented, which might take some getting used to.
Armani, Luminous Silk Foundation, LSF, swatches

13 Responses to “Armani Luminous Silk Foundation”

• Claudia says:

I love this foundation! Been loyal to this particular formula for about 6 years now. There’s nothing like it.

Their UV Silk is great too for a more coverage and a satin finish.

• LRW says:

I love this too!I have been through countless foundations and finally found the*one*… funny,mine has no scent…

• laure says:

thanks for this swatch karla !!

• You’re shade 2? Wow, you’re really pale then :)
    Anyway, I’ve heard their makeup line is awesome and this foundation as well, hope I will get my hands on it one day. :D

• killingxspree says:

Personally its been such a disaster trying to be matched up to one of these shades. I keep getting 4 or 4.5 but they are both far too yellow. Its scary. They are like super NC! The MA said they are best for Mediterranean skin tones and she wasnt kidding. If you have any pink glow that you don’t want to mute stay away from this.

• donna says:

hi, can you recommend which shade of LSF that suits for NW25? or is LSF too yellow? i have pinkish undertone.. many thx :)

• Honeybun says:

Hey, I know that this is a really old post…
    But I Really need to know which shade would be the closest to Chanels Vitalumiere Aqua in BR20?
    Im from germany and you can only purchase Armani Cosmetics on the web here…
    Thanks so much :-*

• Nina says:

Armani added some new shades for this foundation. Can you do swatches of those?

• alyse says:

just purchaed this item in the shAde 6..i don tknow if it will work for me i hvae medium skin a very neutral undertone, any shade you would recommend for me?

• Michelle o sullivan says: