Gosh Soft’N Shine Lipstick

Today’s post goes out to the Britons (and the Danes. Okay, and most of Europe). Gosh is a Danish cosmetics brand, best known for their Velvet Touch Waterproof eyeliners, a very nude peachy nude lipstick called Darling, and Velvet Touch Foundation Primer.

But my personal favorite product of theirs is Soft’N Shine Lip Balm. “Lip Balm” is a bit of a misnomer — these are actually skinny-tube, moisturizing, SPF 15, vanilla-scented lipsticks, most frequently compared to MAC’s Slimshines.  I think they’re generally a bit more pigmented than the Slimshines, but it’s a good comparison.

I have a rather large personal collection of Soft’N Shines, thanks to the gracious assistance of indulgent friends in England and a few visiting family members. Gosh products are extremely difficult to find in the U.S. — in fact, if you want to view their full list of products, you need to visit the European site.
Gosh, Soft N Shine, Lip Balm, swatches, Soft Touch, Angel, Sweetheart, Irony, Passion Pink, Kiss
Soft Touch is sheer mauve. Angel is mauve pink with gold sparkle. Sweetheart is warm pink with gold sparkle. Irony is coral. Passion Pink is bright, cool pink. Kiss is bright blue-red. The shades I don’t own are Barbie, Scarlet, Perfect Plum, Antique Gold, Mocha, and Aubergine.

Gosh Soft’N Shine Lip Balm: Soft Touch, Angel, Sweetheart, Irony, Passion Pink, Kiss

9 Responses to “Gosh Soft’N Shine Lipstick”

• Fiona says:

Karla!!! Thanks for swatching these :) These lipsticks are also available in drugstores in Canada!

• Annigjen says:

I love Gosh,
    we have these in the Netherlands as well :)
    also live their eye pencils a lot and thy have such a great variaty in colors

• Mien says:

Aah, I love GOSH! Sometimes it’s just like mini-MAC: Smaller selection, smaller prices… Soft’nShine Lipbalm are part of my favourite products too: along with the Extreme Art Liners (waterproof liquid liners available in a great colorrange, they kinda resemble Liquid Last Liners) and off course the Velvet Touch Eyeliners.

I’m glad it’s so easy to find over here, in the Netherlands, plus, the store that sells GOSH often has some sort of promotion on the brand :)

• Liz says:

• Liz says:

I know it’s not the cheapest venture, but I have bought cosmetics from their American website and had them shipped to me. I know they’re cheaper in Europe, but the quality is high enough I’m willing to pay a bit more to get them in the states. PS I love my soft n’ shines.

• Chantal says:

Thanks for featuring these, Karla! Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada sells Gosh, but I often walk right by the display (my SDM also carries Dior, Guerlain and Chanel, which get all my attention!). But I LOVE slimshines and tinted lip balms, so I’ll definitely be picking some of these up!!

• Cherie says:

Thank you so much for posting!!!! GOSH is actually available in Shoppers Drug Marts in Ontario (not sure about the rest of Canada but I assume it’s there too). I have picked up some of their products and very much enjoy them. Their lipgloss (forget name) are so lovely! Not your usual sticky gloss – less stick and more wet feeling but in a good way; it’s so hard to describe! Try some of their products if you can :)

• Miss_M says:

Thnks for posting Karla!

I love GOSH. Their products are high quality without the heavy pricetag. GOSH is also one of the best sold drugstore brands in the Netherlands. My fave product is the eyeliner pencil in Grey Mink, which is such a unique color. Their eyeshadows and nailpolishes are also great :)

• Keener says:

GOSH is my secret love. I’ve tried a few of their products and adore them… if I didn’t already own more make-up than necessary I would pick up so much more. Everything I’ve tried has been great quality – lipglosses aren’t sticky (though I haven’t tried the sparkly ones), nailpolish, eyeliner pencil (so soft and the colours are vibrant), and of course the soft n shine. I’ve got a few but your swatches makes me want a couple more. Thanks for giving the brand some recognition.