Lancome Blush Subtil 1

On the list of brands with a great reputation for blush, I think Lancome is frequently overlooked. Though I don’t have a lot of experience with their creme blush, I find their powder shades to be nuanced and lovely. Lancome’s Cedar Rose was my first-ever blush purchase, and at $29.50, Blush Subtil falls somewhere between NARS and Chanel in terms of pricing.

I’ll call today’s swatches Lancome’s neutral shades, and they are a pale girl’s dream.   I did swatch these heavily to show the difference between colors.  Swatched lightly, Miel Glace, Cappucine, and Cedar Rose might look quite similar on the arm — not so on the cheek.
Lancome, Blush Subtil, swatches, Miel Glace, Cappucine, Cedar Rose, Mauve Coquette
Miel Glace is probably Lancome’s most frequently recommended shade. It is a pale, neutral, beige-pink with silver shimmer — universally loved by the very fair. Cappucine is a personal favorite of mine, a peachy nude that adds a bit of color without adding pinkness (the perfect complement to a strong lip). Cedar Rose is a very soft pink. Mauve Coquette (misleadingly named) is a slightly pinked peach-brown.

10 Responses to “Lancome Blush Subtil 1”

• Kelly says:

I just got Miel Glace, it’s beautiful :)

Kelly x

• Claudia says:

mauve coquette looks most pigmented although if Cedar Rose had more pigment, that would be my fave
    Thanks for the swatches, Karla!

• Kate M. says:

I hear so much about Miel Glace that I’m really
    curious…anyone know how it looks on NC30
    with yellow undertones?

Thanks Karla for the swatches!

• emma says:

Thanks for more blush swatches. I think EL is often overlooked too. These are more expensive than NARS, and the pigment doesn’t seem to be strong, but they look lovely on your arm.

• Tiffany says:

I love Blush Subtil. Cedar Rose is one of my favorites. :D I’ll have to try Cappucine when I get a chance.

• AtelierGal says:

I really love Cappucine, want me some Cappucine!

• Rae says:

Hurrah, Blush Subtil blushers! I have two (Pink Fresque and Aplum,) and they’re literally my most reached-for cheek colours. With my makeup-ADD, that’s saying a lot!

I think Cedar Rose will be the next one on my wishlist :P

• Mi says:

Cedar Rose is the prettiest natural blush I could’ve possibly imagined. Too bad it needs to be layered quite a bit to tell. :P