Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush

Ahh, at last. Make Up For Ever (MUFE) recently released a new HD cream blush in a pump-top tube. Unfortunately, the product came out online long before it appeared in Sephoras across America — but reality has finally caught up with the internet.

HD Microfinish blush comes in 14 shades ($25 each). The blush is extremely pigmented, and for some shades on some skintones, I wondered if one pump might be too much for both cheeks.

MUFE recommends applying the blush with a skunk brush (aka duo-fiber, or highlighting brush), but everyone I’ve spoken to seems to prefer applying it with their fingers. (The good news is it won’t stain your fingertips if you choose this method.)
Make Up For Ever, MUFE, HD Blush, swatches, PDA, In the Spotlight, Skinny Dip, Mistaken Identity, First Kiss, Smooth Talker, Star Struck
Innuendo is plum with a few tiny plum sparkles (I’m pretty sure they’ll be invisible on your cheek). Caught in the Act and Truth or Dare are both blue-raspberries, but Caught in the Act is more pink/red; Truth or Dare is brighter and more blue. Walk of Shame is pale, cool pink. Nip Slip is a warmer pink. Quickie is pinked coral-peach. One Too Many is browned peach with those tiny, invisible sparkles. PDA is slightly browned peach-pink. In the Spotlight is warmed, berry brown with teeny sparkles. Skinny Dip is orange brown with teeny sparkles. Mistaken Identity is red-brown. First Kiss is bright orange with tiny gold sparkles. Smooth Talker is pale, pale, cool white-pink. Star Struck is peach. Or pale, gentle fluorescent orange.
Make Up For Ever, MUFE, HD Blush, swatches, Innuendo, Caught in the Act, Truth or Dare, Walk of Shame, Nip Slip, Quickie, One Too Many, PDA, In the Spotlight, Skinny Dip, Mistaken Identity, First Kiss, Smooth Talker, Star Struck

13 Responses to “Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush”

• Jessica says:

How funny – Star Struck looks completely different in your swatch than it looks on me! On me (cool toned, fair skin), it’s a beautiful peachy pink with no trace of orange whatsoever. I love these blushes!

• lexi920 says:

I love this blush – I only got a sample of Quickie, #6. It lasted through a spin class – impressive. I’m wondering if it was difficult for you to remove off of your arm? Also, I do prefer using my fingers vs. my MAC 187 brush. Funny that I barely use that brush!

• Laura says:

Beautiful! Karla, do you think In the spotlight could be used as a bronzer?

• evo says:

I wish I could love this. I bought Nip Slip and tried various ways of putting it on but it just never worked out on me. Plus the blush disappeared after a couple of hours

• Victoria says:

oh my I think I just drooolllleeeed

• Elle says:

The best swatches I ever come across online are always here. Thank you so much Karla =)

• Ann says:

Do you think that Smooth Talker is actually a wearable color? Maybe on someone between NW/NC 15-20?

• Jessica says:

Ann, I thought I would LOVE Smooth Talker (I’m NW20, for reference), and I even liked it on my arm when I swatched it, but when I got home and tried it is was WAY too light for my skin and made me look corpse-ish! I returned it. :/

• Ann says:

Thank you Jessica, that’s *exactly* what I was worried about! I’ll stay clear unless I can get a sample to actually try on my face :)

• SH6490 says:

Do you think Innuendo would be too dark for very pale people now matter how little you use and how much you blend it? Or is it worth a shot?

Innuendo is pretty pigmented. I’d be intimidated to wear it.

• 53 says:

I wonder if they double as a lip stain???