Bobbi Brown Beach Club Collection

Summer is here, and with it, fantasies of beach vacations. And on Bobbi Brown counters right now: Bobbi’s Beach Club.

In the club: a new limited edition Shimmer Brick (Beach, $38), five new long-wear cream eyeshadows ($22), a clear SPF 15 Lip Shine (in the same formula as the tinted shades; $22), and of course, Bobbi’s Beach fragrance ($55) and scented Beach Oil ($28).

Shimmer Bricks can be used swirled together as a highlighting powder, or you can also use the five shades as eyeshadow. Of the Shimmer Bricks I’ve swatched, I think Beach is the most believable as an eye palette.
Bobbi Brown, Beach, Shimmer Brick, Shimmerbrick, swatches
There are also five new cream eyeshadows: four Metallic (very sparkly), and one cream. These are actually being added to the line as permanent shades.

Moonstone is gorgeous.  It’s a complex gold-green-grey with a touch of blue. If I had a ballgown this color, I would wear it everywhere. Opal is white with pink, lilac, and orange sparkles (which the camera did not pick up at ALL). Surf is ice blue with silver sparkles; Pink Oyster is pale pink with silver sparkles. When you sheer these shades out, you basically reduce down to sparkles, and I’ve heard some reports of glitter-fallout as a result.

Shore is a totally gorgeous neutral; I think it’s a color that’s going to look fabulous on a lot of people.
Bobbi Brown, Long-Wear, Cream, Eyeshadow, Metallic, swatches, Moonstone, Opal, Surf, Pink Oyster, Shore

11 Responses to “Bobbi Brown Beach Club Collection”

• Amy says:

We all need ball gowns in moonstone, yes? Thanks for the warning about the glitter, oh dear. Shore looks like Le Awesome Neutral.

• Lea says:

So, do you LIKE these Bobbi colors? I like the shimmer brick, at least from your awesome swatch, but am unsure about the glitter…???? I’m 40, highlighted blonde hair, blue eyes. I’m thinking not. Wonder if moonstone would even work on my eyes at all. And can you really see Shore? (haha…no pun intended there!) It looks kind of light. Thanks!

• luv2smilexo says:

wow beach looks amazing!!

• Anitacska says:

Can’t get excited about beige eyeshadow, lol, but I love Moonstone so much! I got Beach shimmer brick today, unfortunately they didn’t have the eyeshadows yet, so I’ll have to go back to pick it up.

• Donna says:

Thanks SO much for these swatches… I was curious about them (especially Moonstone) but they look far too sparkly for my taste…

Shore is nice…. A good base to even out the skin tone on the eyelid…

Thanks! You rock!

• Pinch says:

I love the thought of that shimmerbrick as an eye palette! It looks gorgeous. The cream shadows seem a bit sheer for my taste though =)

• Tiffany says:

I think I need Shore and Moonstone. Especially Shore. My summer makeup is usually of the light variety, so that shade would be quite useful.

• Shannon says:

I got the new Bobbi collection at my fav store BlueMercury! Love the colors!!

• Lea says:

Oooops….sorry. To clarify–I meant the metallic shadows are what seem so glittery, not the shimmerbrick. Sorry for the confusion! Still wondering about the creamy shadows. Moonstone really looks nice, but I wonder if there is just too much glitter.

• Irene says:

is the new beach shimmer brick similar to nude or pink quartz shimmer bricks from previous release?