Chanel for Nordstrom Anniversary 2010

Chanel, Nordstrom anniversary, 2010, Les Naturels Dores de ChanelChanel has created three (and a half) exclusive items for Nordstrom’s anniversary in mid-July. The collection is called Les Naturels Dores de Chanel.

The item everyone’s talking about is the eyeshadow quad, Quatuor Boutons de Chanel — designed after the buttons of Chanel jackets (did you know Chanel owns its own button factory to control production?). The quad is $65; the eyeshadows are round pans (instead of the American rounded-squares); and the texture of the powder is very smooth, really nice.

Chanel frequently causes makeup-lovers some anguish, because the European and American products are so different (trans-Atlantically, different formulas, different shades, may share the same name). I’ve heard that Chanel is “going global,” making the effort to standardize names and numbers worldwide (though Asia and Latin America will continue to receive certain exclusives). I’ve also heard that Chanel will be transitioning all their production to France, and that we can expect to see this change happen over the next few years — so maybe this round-pan/square-pan difference won’t be around forever.
Chanel, Nordstrom Anniversary, swatches, Les Naturels Dores de Chanel, Quatuor Boutons de Chanel, eyeshadow quad, Gold Lame, nail polish, Karla Sugar, KarlaSugar
Nordstrom is also receiving a limited edition nail polish: 440 Gold Lamé ($23).

There’s a really nice little Coco Mademoiselle set for $45: a 3.4 oz Coco Mademoiselle Fresh Moisture Mist (a spray-on body milk) — plus a Coco Mademoiselle rollerball.

The “half” item is the new shade of Chanel’s Inimitable mascara: Inimitable Intense Rouge Noir. It’s a burgundy color (think of Chanel’s Rouge Noir lipstick). It’s $30, and is exclusive to Nordstrom for now, but might be offered at other retailers after anniversary is over.

19 Responses to “Chanel for Nordstrom Anniversary 2010”

• Nicole says:

This quad looks like the same that was launched earlier this year in duty-free, but it’s cheaper on board airlines ($54). :)

• Amy says:

Nicole–It probably is the same. If I recall correctly, all of the prior Chanel Nordstrom Exclusives have been available internationally in the past. It would not surprise me if this happened this year. I’m not sure that Chanel will create and manufacture a line only for Nordstrom, it is usually something they have already created, produced and sold elsewhere. Thus, the Nordstrom “exclusive” really means “exclusive in the U.S.,” not really the only place it has ever been sold.

• Nicole says:

That makes sense. Thanks Amy! :)

• KellyK. says:

ooohh! im loving that eye shadow quad! just may have to get one!

• Leslieal says:

Karla, YOU ROCK!

Thanks for this. I don’t have a Nordies near me and wouldn’t be able to see this if it weren’t for you. :-)

• Myna says:

I am loving that eyeshadow quad. Would you know if they will release it in Europe?

• Sabrina says:

I saw this in the Instyle magazine and fell in love. Your swatches confirmed this. I really hope that Chanel keeps the square formula of their eyeshadows and the US formula of their blushes. That’s what makes the line so great in the US (at least in my opinion).

I have a couple UK/Asia blushes and quads and hate the formula and finish.

• Gisele says:

Oooh, neutrals! They do not look overly warm which has always prevented me from purchasing a Chanel quad. I must go to Nordies and inspect. Thanks, Karla.

• luv2smilexo says:

m that quad looks gorgeous but i think i’m going to wait for more swatches :)

• Gtisele says:

Update on the Chanel quad: I’m back from Nordies and the shadows swatched on my untanned NW20 hand vanished. Actually they did not even show up to vanish. A disappointment perhaps, but there is the Chanel Fall 2010 . . .

• Jo says:

Gtisele, thank you so much for your update. I’m an untanned NW20, and I was all set to call Nordies and order the quad. Think I’ll hold out for fall now.

• Gisele says:

You’re welcome, Jo! Now I’ve get my sights set on the Chanel Fall 2010 quad! I’ll swatch first though; I hope it’s pigmented.

• chibi says:

What are the liquid eye shadows’ names that are next to the eye quad palette in the collection?

Hey Chibi — those aren’t liquid shadows. You’re seeing the edge of two nail polishes, partially obscured by the two lipsticks. Aside from the quad, polish, and mascara, everything in that display is a repromote.

• katsey says:

Aw jeez…I’m such a sucker for neutral palettes. That quad looks gorgeous!! But I’ll have to check for myself since other NW20 gals had a problem with it…

• Laura Preston says:

Greetings!!!
    My name is Laura Preston and I am actually the Chanel Business Manager at Nordstrom Northpark where Karla swatches the line. The Quad is GORGEOUS and the pigment will stay in place, especially if applied with an Eye Primer. The look with this quad is accented with Tempting Beige Blush, Coffee Bean Eyeliner, Djano nail, Rouge Coco in Perle and Venise, and of course a glossimer….Sunset Gold.

Coco Mademoiselle Mist is AMAZING especially for summer and it does come in a darling white draw string chanel bag….who doesn’t love a chanel bag?

The mascara is Inimitable Intense which is a NEW FORMULA and new addition to the Inimitable family. It is a Multi-Dimensional mascara: Volume, Length, Curl and Separation. MORE INTENSITY!! It is available RIGHT NOW at Nordstrom only…retails for $30.00.

I would be happy to assist you personally. Feel free to contact me @ Nordstrom Northpark:
    214-231-3900 Ext 1412. Feel free to email me at laura.preston@nordstrom.com

The exclusive Anniversary items can be pre-sold and shipped to you free of charge ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES.

Thank you Karla for the wonderful job on our launch. Thank you everyone, for your interest in Chanel!

• Redberry says:

Karla, how did you get such pigmentation on your swatches? I swatch this and it barely shows up! Anyway, the palette is available onflight duty-free which cost me about USD55.

• Valerie says:

Just want to give props to Laura Preston of Nordstroms. I saw her post here and I contacted her to help me with my Nordies Anniversary order since I don’t have a Nordstrom near. For those of us in rural areas, we depend on blogs such as this one and expert sales reps to help in our purchases. Can’t wait for my order to arrive! :)