Mr. Salt and I are ready to roll out Phase 2 of the site improvements: we’re introducing the ability to swap or sell your makeup on the Interact side of the site.
Why use this site instead of the other options out there?
This system will actively suggest item-for-item matches (and help buyers and sellers find one another).
How it works:
- Create your swaplist and a wishlist. In order for the matches to work, the items on your swaplist must exactly match other users’ wishlists, so take advantage of the auto-complete and error-catcher.
- As you create each item, assign a swap value — what is this item worth to you, in a swap? Â No one else can see this number — how you value your swap items is private.
- If you are willing to sell your item, assign a “sale” value. (Buyers will create a wishlist item with a dollar amount they’re willing to pay.) Â This number is visible to the public.
- The system will find matches between users. These proposed swaps will appear in your Swap Dashboard. Â If you like the sound of a proposed swap, you can click to send that user a message.
- Suggestions are not binding; they are just suggestions. Â If someone sends you a swap request, you are still free to accept or decline.
- When the swap is complete, leave the other user a feedback token (and please remove the relevant items from your swaplist and wishlist — otherwise they’ll generate false matches).
- We’re starting out with single-item matches to make sure everything works as planned, but very soon we’ll turn on the ability to calculate multi-item matches.
- Right now you can designate whether you are willing to buy/sell items. Once we make sure everything’s working, we’ll activate a third option, for those who only want to sell/buy.
- Currently, the search function does not limit suggestions by country. Soon, we will give you the ability to restrict suggestions to your region (e.g., the European Union).