MAC Haute and Naughty Lash

Now, I don’t yet know the whole story, but I saw something else while I was at the counter swatching In the Groove (so of course I took pictures): Haute and Naughty Lash mascara from MAC.

This mascara is designed to let you choose between volume and definition.  The cap unscrews in two different places.  Unscrew the top cap (pink), and it draws the wand through a narrower neck, wiping the brush clean for more defined application.  Choose the blue pill…  I mean, choose the purple cap and the wand is drawn through a wider cap, which leaves more mascara on the wand.

Has anyone actually tried it yet?  Dying to know what you thought!
MAC, Haute and Naughty Lash
MAC, Haute and Naughty Lash
MAC, Haute and Naughty Lash
MAC, Haute and Naughty Lash

8 Responses to “MAC Haute and Naughty Lash”

• Amy says:

One pill makes you larger / And one pill makes you small… And then I wonder what happens if you use both (one coat with pink, then one with blue). Hopefully it would not tear a hole in the universe or anything. :) Thanks Karla for the preview– that looks intriguing!

• Wow! I am loving the idea of this! I wonder how it works! This is very interesting!

• Donna says:

Interesting concept… also very interested in what people think… I get very frustrated trying to find a quality mascara that isn’t goopy… :)

• Liz W says:

This may be the answer to all our prayers. Looks awesome. Thanks for posting it!

• Anne says:

Hmph. Sounds gimmicky to me. I assume that the narrower neck is supposed to provide length and the wider one is supposed to give you volume? Will having more mascara on the wand give you clumps, too? And how does less mascara on the wand = length? To say nothing of the length of the wand itself–looks hard to manipulate. I think I’ll pass on this.

• Sam says:

Wow- that sounds great. Normally I steer clear of MAC mascaras, but I’m a sucker for a gimmick (and even better if it works).

• Jade says:

Yuup, tried it, and I love it. Try it! :)

• Lauren says:

It’s my favourite mascara!
    I use the pink cap during the day for a more natural look, and the purple cap for a much more dramatic look.
    However, I do find the purple cap can get clumpy – but I just use a lash primer beforehand to solve that problemo :)