Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow, Part 1

Having completed Bobbi Brown’s blushes, I decided it was high time I systematically swatched Bobbi Brown’s eyeshadows. I know you all know I am a neutral eyeshadow lover, so I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I found this task an absolute pleasure. So many colors to love!

Bobbi’s eyeshadows come in a few different formulas: her “eyeshadows” are basically the matte shades, and I thought we’d start with those. (Of the powder shadows, Shimmerwash and Metallic eyeshadows are still to come; Chrome eyeshadows were swatched last holiday season, and Sparkle formula eyeshadows are few and far between. And of course I plan to swatch the cream eyeshadows and metallic cream eyeshadows, too).
Bobbi Brown, eyeshadow, swatches, White, Bone, Banana, Taupe, Camel, Grey, Gray, Navy, Mahogany, Rich Brown, Charcoal, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Bobbi’s shadows are $20 each. They’re sold in compacts that are basically “one-pan palettes” — the pan pops out easily so you can make your own 3-, 4-, or 6-pan palettes (and the eyeshadows are the same size as the blushes).

My favorite colors here were Grey and Mahogany. Rich Brown (cool brown) and Charcoal (near-black) were a bit chalky, but the others were so nice, I wondered if these testers had been exposed to cruel and unusual circumstances.

And I was amused that the shade named “taupe” is not the coolest brown or the warmest grey of the group.

7 Responses to “Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow, Part 1”

• Vero says:

I’ve got Navy and I love it, it is one of my favourite matte blues.

• Connie says:

YAY! Thanks for the BB eyeshadow swatches! I was wondering about them for awhile, they look very pigmented on your arm! Looking forward to see more of their eyeshadows! =D

• did you swatch these over a base? The swatches look really pigmented but I find that that’s anything but true in real life. I’ve pretty much given up on my matte BB shadows because (apart from the very dark ones) I get can’t any pigment payoff or coverage at all.

• melissa says:

Thanks for this series… I love it. Can we expect part 2 and beyond in the near future?

• milee says:

thank you! this is really, very helpful!

• Mary says:

The very dark shadows such as Espresso and Charcoal that people say are chalky and difficult to use are meant for eye liners and brows. Bobbi herself said this once upon a time.

• samia says:

hey. can u plz tell me how to get these? and how can i buy these eyesshwd???