Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow, part 1

Bobbi Brown’s Metallic eyeshadows are, generally speaking, pigmented and a little more shimmery than her Shimmer Wash shadows. Few of them get outright frosty (maybe Champagne Quartz, maybe Velvet Plum, but you know I swatch heavily. If it’s frost, it’s still a comparatively light frost).

I thought the most interesting shades from this group were complex purple-brown Velvet Plum, black-with-golden-iridescent-sparkles Forest, ice-grey-lilac Rockstar, and champagne Navajo (Navajo, you’re so exciting in your Metallic form).
Bobbi Brown, Metallic, eyeshadow, swatches, Champagne Quartz, Velvet Plum, Sage, Forest, Burnt Sugar, Rockstar, Midnight, Cognac, Navajo, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
I asked former Bobbi artist pixichik77 for her thoughts on the Metallic shadows and she said:

At the time I left the line, the Metallics were still fairly new and we were still working out what we liked and what we didn’t. The only thing I really have to add is that some of the Metallics look much better wet (or act like a completely different shadow wet). Forest becomes much more green when it is wet (compared to the blackened green it is when used dry). There were a few limited edition shades that came out… last winter? They were useless dry but fantastic wet.

When I use the Metallics wet, I like the touch-up brush to pack them on (though it does stain the brush). I loved Brown Stone, but some days it’s too red on me. CoverGirl Tapestry Taupe is close to Brown Stone, but a touch cooler.

Bobbi’s shadows are $20 each, compatible (along with her blushes) with her customizable palettes.

7 Responses to “Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow, part 1”

• Donna says:

Ooooh… I’m really loving Rockstar and Velvet Plum! So pretty…

‘Metallics’ often scare me, but these seem very wearable!

• Jeanie says:

Rockstar and Navajo look pretty!

• Petra says:

Just yesterday I almost bought Forest,but decided to first check on its reviews-glad I did. It seems gorge in person when swatched, but I can see from Your more heavy swatch what people say:when blended,or on the lid, you lose that greenish intensity and are left with a more blackened colour.Think I’ll wait for Chanel’s fall Khaki Vert shade instead.
    I do adore Velvet Plum, Rockstar and Navajo though, and Cognac reminds me of my beloved MAC shade, Glamour Check.

Thanks for these swatches, Karla! Do YOu own any of the metallics?

No, I don’t own any of the Metallics (yet). Glad you found the information you needed about Forest though!

• aksaiyo says:

Velvet Plum is gorgeous! I must get my hands on this at some point! thanks for the great swatches!
    Forest green also looks interesting. I’ll have to see that one IRL though.

• Carrie B says:

Oh wow! Please tell me that Bobbi Brown is going to make a discount code in your honor! I want to plan a palette, but should probably wait for some kind of sale… :)

• Ana Mateo says:

is midnight a dupe for nars’ night flight?