Chanel Fall/Winter Haute Couture

Chanel, Haute Couture, Paris, 2010Couture is my favorite kind of fashion show — I love the surprise, the crazy flights of imagination. The slideshows from Paris have been fun to watch, but I also just heard a beauty scoop from the Chanel show and I wanted to share. I think what gets me the most about these images is that I just read this article about “stained” red lips on Older Girl Beauty (part of her “Pretend French Vacation” series), and it seems to exactly jive with the scene in Paris.

The links below lead to swatches of those items.

FACE
Pro Lumiere Foundation
Poudre Universelle Libre, Natural Finish Loose Powder
Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen
Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

EYES
Enigma eyeshadow quad
Le Sourcil de Chanel Perfect Brows

LIPS
Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer in Carmin
Rouge Coco in Rivoli

NAILS
Nail Polish in Rouge Fatal (launching in October 2010)

In case you were wondering, the 40-foot lion was wearing aluminum.
Photos by Vincent Lappartient
Chanel, Haute Couture, Paris, 2010
Chanel, Haute Couture, Paris, 2010
Chanel, Haute Couture, Paris, 2010

8 Responses to “Chanel Fall/Winter Haute Couture”

• Lindsey9107 says:

I looooooooooooooooove this look Karla!!

• Phyrra says:

I like the red nails and lips a lot. I think I’d probably add a more defined liner on the upper lash line though, but keep everything else bare.

• lexi920 says:

I did see some slides of this show. I did enjoy their makeup but I really wasn’t feeling the super messy “I just got out of bed and can’t find a comb” look. I know it’s couture and all but I wasn’t feeling that. Also, wasn’t too impressed with this Fall Couture Season. Loved the massive lion though…

• Amy says:

Okay, when I saw the video of this show on Chanel.com, I immediately thought this lip was Rivoli!! Such a beautiful cool red. Love it!

• Diane C. says:

I love this look, and I think it’s one that just about everyone can pull off. I think I’ll be sporting this as well come Fall! It looks so simple and chic.

• LOVE this – thanks so much for posting!

• Heather says:

What lipstick and color is the Caucasian model with fair skin and reddish-brown hair wearing? She is the 3rd model down from the top of the page. I have very similar coloring to her and would very much like to know. :-) Thank you!

I think they’re all wearing Carmin + Rivoli on the lips.