OPI Swiss Collection

Don’t you love being really excited about something, and then you finally see it in person and it’s everything you hoped it would be? That’s me and this OPI Swiss collection. There were a few surprises between the promo photo and the real McCoy, but I’m still picturing myself après-ski.

I swatched the collection in two parts: the cremes and the non-cremes. The only two foils are Glitzerland and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. I really appreciated what a chic choice OPI made for Glitzerland. It’s a cool gold with silver sparkles. Lucerne-tainly is darker and cooler (steely, or charcoal-silver) than I expected. It’s also the sparkliest of the bunch.
OPI, Swiss, fall, 2010, Glitzerland, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, Cuckoo for This Color, Yodel Me on my Cell, Diva of Geneva, The Color to Watch, swatches
The other four shades of the group are shimmers. Cuckoo for This Color is a darkly shimmery blued green (I would love to see this shade as a creme). Yodel Me on My Cell is surprisingly fierce for a fall collection: saturated aqua blue with tiny silver sparkly shimmer. Diva of Geneva is rich magenta shimmer. The Color to Watch is an almost duochrome blue-lilac.
OPI, fall, 2010, Swiss, swatches, Color So Hot It Berns, Ski Teal We Drop, William Tell Me About OPI, I'm Suzi and I'm a Chocoholic, Just a Little Rosti at This, From A to Zurich
And then the cremes. Color So Hot It Berns is a bright, bright, warm red that exudes confidence and sex appeal. This seems like a great one for short nails. I think Ski Teal We Drop is too blue to be called teal. It reminds me of MAC’s Blue India, but the color is brighter and more saturated, and I like it better. William Tell Me About OPI is this fantastic, vampy, dark, cherry purple. I’m going to wear this to death as soon as the temperature drops.

I’m Suzi and I’m a Chocoholic is a sexy, rich, browned red. It’s not quite chocolate; too red to be barbecue sauce. I really like it, and I think it’s a great twist on red nails. Just a Little Rosti is a beautiful wine color, another favorite. A to Zurich is a very red rose.

Thoughts? Favorites? OPI shades are $8.50 each, and the Swiss collection will be available in August.

If you’re looking for the brand in-store, check Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret (which is going out of business), and Ulta.

These polishes were provided to me for swatching purposes.

14 Responses to “OPI Swiss Collection”

• Lindsey says:

Karla, I’m drooling over this collection! It’s been a long time since I’ve been this excited about nail polish, but I’ll definitely be picking up a few of these. Thanks for the swatches!

• Sherri says:

I am in love with this collection (drooling), I think I may bite the price bullet and get a couple.
    Great swatches

• verybecca says:

Glitzerland looks like Chanel Kaleidoscope. I wonder if it’s a dupe!

• roo says:

Does Ski Teal We Drop, look like Mac’s morning after nail polish, that just came out in the in the groove collection?

• Carrie says:

I’m a sucker for non-matte polishes.

I’m totally jonsing for Lucerne-tainly, the Cuckoo for this Color, and Diva for Geneva. I’m also really tempted by The Color to Watch (Depending on how it looks on me)

Roo, Morning After is lighter, more turquoise. Here’s a swatch: http://karlasugar.net/2010/07/mac-alice-olivia/

• B.Cole says:

O i love this collection..i really hope they release a mini set that includes glizerland…or however you spell it.

• Stella says:

Karla, I’m just curious why you swatch NP like this instead of on the nail?

• Mary Beth says:

These are beautiful. The shiny ones, esp the blue, green and lilac.

Hey Stella! I do nail swatches too, but I do the tape swatches for a couple of reasons. I guess the main one is that it’s quick. I can check out all the shades without sacrificing a swatching day, and then I can take a more leisurely (manicure by manicure) look at the shades. Also I can’t seem to paint my nails without getting polish under the cuticle, which takes a few days to grow out. And then my nails are also naturally weak (thin, prone to peel) and I’m worried they’re not up to the challenge of 12 applications + removals in a day.

• Dia says:

Karla, I love it when you do polish swatches like this! Arm swatches are “your thing,” so I immediately know it’s you when I see an arm with tape and polish on it. :-)

• Rishma says:

Awesome shades !! and never seen such swatches..