Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss

Chanel, Rouge Allure, Extrait de Gloss, promoIf you haven’t seen the display unit for Chanel’s latest collection at your Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus, don’t worry. Saks got the early exclusive this time. These products will be widely available in October.

This collection is like a little Rouge Allure bonanza. It repromotes three of the most popular shades of Rouge Allure Laque liquid lipstick: Dragon, Ming, and Santal. (I didn’t reswatch them, so check out my swatches from the original Rouge Allure Laque release here.) There are four new Rouge Allure lipsticks, and the collection introduces an entirely new lipgloss formula: Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. (Okay, there are three new nail polishes too, but they’re not “Rouge Allure.”)

Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss is a pigmented-but-sheer lipgloss with a little flocked wedge applicator (similar to a doe’s foot, except you can apply with either side). These glosses are $32 each, and I’ve heard that the formula is going to replace Chanel’s Aqualumiere Gloss (ancient swatches here).
Chanel, Rouge Allure, Extrait de Gloss, swatches, Insouciance, Genie, Confidence, Imaginaire, Insolence, Emoi, Impertinence, Exces, Fatale, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
I surprised myself with my color preferences on Extrait de Gloss. I was most drawn to the reds: Emoi, Fatale, and especially Exces.

The four new Rouge Allure shades are all permanent additions to the line, and they’re pretty good analogs for their Extrait de Gloss counterparts.

If you’ve never tried it, the Rouge Allure formula is fantastic — and the luxurious “click click” packaging is not only fun to play with, it’s the best design I’ve found for keeping a lipstick closed in your purse. These lipsticks are $30 each.
Chanel, Rouge Allure, Insolente, Confidentielle, Excessive, Emotive, nail polish, swatches, Rouge Fatal, Rose Insolent, Rose Confidentiel, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Finally, there are three new nail polishes, $23 each. Rouge Fatale is browned red; Rose Insolent is bright pink; and Rose Confidentiel is mauved rose.

14 Responses to “Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss”

• Amber says:

Thank you thank you so much for the swatches – I have been dying for swatches of these beauties! As always, excellent work.

• Julie says:

The SA at my Chanel counter called me last Friday to tell me the glosses were in! I live in Canada so this was really unexpected, I’ve been wanting for these ever since I saw the ad. I purchased Insolence and Fatale. One word: Love.

• Emoi looks gorgeous as does the Rose Confidentiel. Some new lemmings I fear!

• eva says:

Thank you thank you so much for the swatches – I have been dying for swatches of these glosses! im also in love with Exces

• Joey says:

zomg Impertinence and Insolente!

• hande says:

which color is the model wearing in the photo? fatale?

• garnetstorm says:

Thanks for the swatches, Karla. I bought the Fatale gloss and nail polish and have been debating Emoi. I don’t think the Fatale lipstick was “scrapped,” as it is an existing color.I don’t know why it wasn’t repromoted. It is one of my favorite reds, and the lipstick has a more purple/plum undertone than the gloss or polish.

Garnetstorm, thank you so much for your insight! The first things I saw for this collection didn’t designate Fatale as a repromote, and I didn’t think to check the ranks of existing Rouge Allures for it. Looks like I can go swatch it after all!

• Lisa says:

Thank you so much for the great swatches…but no, they might replace the Aqualumieres? I love them…please let us know if you find out more, if they really are getting rid of Aqualumieres…?

• Miss_M says:

I checked these at my counter yesterday. Not only did I love the classy packaging, but the colors of the Glosses were also gorgeous. My fave is #56 Imaginaire, a very pretty universal pink that would look great with their Pink Explosion blush. I also loved Rose Confidentiel nailpolish :)

• Paula3boys says:

Thank you so much for the swatches. I am a Rouge Allure addict so can’t wait to try these!