MAC Fabulous Felines Recap

Should we do a roundup? (Who doesn’t love roundups?) It’ll probably be useful to have all the Felines pictures in one place later.

For my thoughts on these products, please visit the original posts:
Palace Pedigreed
Leopard Luxe
Burmese Beauty
the mineralize blushes
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Palace Pedigreed, swatches, Courtly, Quite Spoiled, Russian Blue, Superslick, eyeliner, liquid liner, Nocturnal, Smoky Heir, Smokey, Signature Blue, Mauvement, Bloodline, pigments, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Palace Pedigreed, swatches, Superior, Of Royalty, Aristo-cat, Cunning, Docile, Best of Breed, Lap of Luxury, Beurre, Cremestick liner, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Leopard Luxe, swatches, Wild by Nature, Style Predator, Notoriety, Furiously Fabulous, Pure Show, Marked for Glamour, On the Hunt, Superslick, liquid liner, Lithe, Old Gold, pigment, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Leopard Luxe, swatches, Out-Minxed, Drive Me Wild, Powerful, The Prowl, A Quiet Roar, Schemer, Wildly Refined, Creamola, Cremestick, lipliner, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Burmese Beauty, swatches, Prized, Skintone 2, Showstopper, Desires and Devices, Defiantly Feline, Treat Me Nice, Gold Stroke, Antique Green, Superslick, liquid liner, pigments, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Burmese Beauty, swatches, Pet Me Please, To Pamper, Liquid Lurex, Kittenish, Spree, Jealous, Fancy Cat, Velvetella, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
MAC, Fabulous Felines, Palace Pedigreed, Pet Me, Utterly Game, Leopard Luxe, The Soft Meow, Burmese Beauty, mineralize blush, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

10 Responses to “MAC Fabulous Felines Recap”

• Amy says:

Hi Karla! I love round-ups!!! Thank you for the lovely swatches. I compared old Mauvement and new Mauvement at my counter last night, and they were so close that it wasn’t worth it to me to buy the new one. There was a slight color shift and difference in light/dark, but once applied on the eye and blended, not different enough to order both. Having said that, the Mauvement I saw last night was much darker purple (less gold/bronze/taupe) than your swatch. Although I know that your swatch is color accurate (all of them have been so far!!! for years!!) I can’t help but wonder if there is some shipment-to-shipment variation from MAC in the color. If so, I hope this is not a trend!

That’s VERY interesting, Amy, thanks for the intel! I think some amount of variation is probably inevitable, but you make an excellent point: once it’s applied and blended, no one’s going to notice the difference.

• annette says:

hey not to be unappreciative because I love your blog and thank you so much for all your hard work to get us these beautiful swatches. But I was wondering if you could stop with the mac conspiracy rumors..i mean unless it’s an obvious difference then yeah please inform us, but in most cases it’s probably the lighting and not an actual change in the repromoted item. Stereo rose, mauvement and notoreity have swatched the same on other sites and blogs, so please don’t make people paranoid. thanks!

• Ruthie says:

Hi Annette, :)

Hope you don’t mine me PBI, but just wanted to point out that Karla can’t be held responsible (or do anything to “squelch” MAC color repromote difference rumors – or those of any other brand, actually, when it comes down to it).

I don’t enjoy what you refer to as “conspiracy rumors” either but I also recognize that almost every time an LE color is repromoted they will happen. Not sure who starts them and to me, unless there is a true difference and it’s a big one I don’t generally care, but there will always be those who do care and enjoy hashing such things out.

In one light, it’s our (the consumer’s) way of doing QA checks on our beloved cosmetic companies where we drop a ton of cash… ;-) And I appreciate the work that my fellow makeup lovers do on all of our behalf to make sure we’re not getting duped. On the other hand, I feel that some people just enjoy hashing out the details and finding out whether or not things are really, truly, exactly the same – it’s enjoyable to them – like a connoisseur of fine wines (another thing I just can’t get into – but to each their own, ya know? :) ).

Anyway, just my two cents. :) Hope it makese sense and not offense intended. I just tune out the makeup “conspiracy paranoia” for the most part (unless it is funny to me for some reason, then I chuckle and move on – LOL!).

Warm regards,

~Ruthie

• Rica says:

Thanks Karla! The collection was just released here yesterday in Hong Kong and I love it! I know already what to get when I went to the store! <3

Rica

• LU says:

The pictures don’t do those eyeliners justice! I personally thought they all looked way more amazing in person, I’m so excited that they are permanent. Defiantly feline is my favorite.

• Tiffany says:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone here fished out the 2008 release of Mauvement and did a comparison swatch with this one in the near future. At any rate, I like this one so I’m probably caving and getting it. Trying not to give in further and get the Burmese quad too…

• Chill says:

Thanks for these – - ‘s wonderful!

• Nicolle says:

I got the MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in smoky heir and I am returning it. It is the flakiest liquid liner I have ever used!

• Sandra JT says:

I know my post is long after the fact, but I’m confused. I have the Palace Pedigreed 4 shadow palette & my Russian Blue is identified as being matte on my packaging, as well as here. Yet mine is the exact opposite. It has more of a velux finish when swatched. Like a bluish-green reflecting off a darker brown background. In addition, my Quite Spoiled doesn’t swatch anywhere near as pink-toned as yours.

I never noticed this discrepancy between my swatches and yours before tonight. WTH??