MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga Lipgloss

Viva Glam is one small (yet amazing) facet of MAC’s enormously successful AIDS charity, the MAC AIDS Fund. MAC donates 100% of the purchase price of the Viva Glam products to help people living with AIDS — it’s like you make a contribution to a worthy cause, and they give you a free lipstick to say thanks.

Various celebrities have collaborated with the Viva Glam program since its 1994 creation. Six months ago, MAC introduced two new Viva Glam lipstick shades in honor of their newest spokeswomen: the limited edition Cyndi and Gaga (for Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga).

Building on the success of these two lipsticks, MAC created two limited edition Viva Glam Lipglasses (with corresponding names, in corresponding shades). The glosses are also limited edition, and will be available for the next six months. They officially go on sale September 2, so you have until next February to stock up on both the lipsticks and the glosses.
MAC, Viva Glam, Lipglass, lipgloss, Cyndi, Gaga, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Lipglass is MAC’s most opaque lipgloss formula, and I am surprised by how incredibly much I love Cyndi. I am much more a lipstick person than a lipgloss person, but I can’t believe I’ve stumbled across such an amazingly perfect shade, and that it costs so little.

The price of all MAC lipsticks and glosses is going up to $14.50 (bringing them to parity with the eyeshadows). It’s just that time again; all brands periodically raise their prices. Take comfort in the fact that your extra 50 cents will still go to charity.

MAC, Viva Glam, makeup bag, Cyndi LauperThe Cyndi and Gaga Viva Glam bags are also making a comeback. They sold out incredibly fast last time, so if you want one, get your ordering fingers ready. They are $28 each.

13 Responses to “MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga Lipgloss”

• Both lipgloss shades are so lovely! I own both of the Cyndi and Gaga lipsticks, but I’m more of a lipgloss kind of gal, so I’m very excited :)

• Diane says:

Are the bags going on sale the same day as the lipglosses?

• Colleen says:

I have to get the Cyndi lipgloss! I have both the lipsticks and Gaga is a bit too bubblegum-y for me. Cyndi is perfect and I am huge gloss fanatic, so this looks made for me.

Yes! Both glosses and bags go on sale September 2nd.

• Lucy says:

I already have both lipsticks. I find Cyndi much more wearable. I own all of the Viva Glam lipsticks. I get the best of both worlds. Delicious lipsticks and a contribution towards Aids . I wear lipstick much more than glosses. But I still have to buy Cyndi, it’s lovely.

• Emma says:

I want the two new lipglass!!!!

• Rica says:

Wow Karla, those lip glosses look so yummy, but I’m more of a lipstick girl! :D Do you have any idea if the Viva Glam Cyndi & Gaga are still available? I haven’t got the chance to grab one myself.. :(

Hi Rica! Yes, you can still buy the lipstick versions of Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga. All four products (lipstick and glosses) are “long limited-life.” The lipsticks were scheduled to be sold for one year (Feb 2010 – Feb 2011) and the lipglosses for six months (Sept 2010 – Feb 2011). The bags will sell out much more quickly though.

• Rica says:

Phew! Thanks Karla, that’s a relief! I thought the lipsticks were only available for 6 months just like the lip gloss! Thanks again for the wonderful information! :D

• victoria says:

I love the Viva Glam Gaga lipglass more. Pink is my favorite.

• April says:

I can’t help myself when it comes to Viva Glam… I’ve snagged every lipstick and gloss since VGV. I wish that Gaga had a touch of sparkle… It feels a little too opaque to me.

• GagaGlamour says:

I love the way the Gaga lipglass looks on me! With my skintone it’s actually subtle with the soft pop that makes it noticeable! I am so stocking up on this lipglass!

• Brooklyn says:

How do you order this? Omw! It looks so pretty! :)