Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick, part 2

It’s day two of our look at Make Up For Ever’s new long-wear, high-pigment Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks. These lipsticks are $19 each, available in Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com (unless you live in NYC, and then you can visit the MUFE flagship store).

Today’s shades are all “pearly” finish (shades 9-21 are pearly), meaning they’re shimmery/frosty. The Rouge Artists are also layerable, so even if you wouldn’t wear a shimmery gold lipstick straight-up, it might be just the thing you need to create your perfect custom shade.

I mentioned yesterday that the lipsticks have a rose scent. If the scent bothers you, you can always try de-scenting your lipstick by leaving the cap off for two or three days.
Make Up For Ever, Makeup Forever, MUFE, Rouge Artist Intense, lipstick, swatches, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

7 Responses to “Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick, part 2”

• JustMe says:

oh I love 11 and 12, very pretty

• Melissa W. says:

Such fun colors. I wish I could wear the purple shade, 15, but I don’t think I can quite pull that off.

• linda says:

I am so disappointed these lipsticks have BHT which is a cheap preservative that low end brands like NYX use. I expected better ingredients at this price point and from a high end brand. SUCKS.

• Phyrra says:

14 & 15 look cool.

• knownever says:

11 and 12 are hot, 15 is crazy but interesting!

• As crazy as 15 is, I really like it! I also quite like 18, 19 and 11! Thanks for the swatches as always Karla, these are great!

• Erin T says:

I love the look of 19 – it’s oddly hard to find a nice orange pink.