Sneak Peek: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense

Make Up For Ever, MUFE, Rouge Artist Intense lipstickMake Up For Ever, lip brush, 3NOooh, man. Make Up For Ever just released FIFTY shades of a new lipstick formula: Rouge Artist Intense. It’s already online at Sephora.com and the word on the street is that it should be in brick-and-mortar Sephoras this Thursday (which means swatching!).

Rouge Artist Intense (as the name suggests) is high pigmentation, dramatic, ultra-rich, long-lasting color. The formula supposedly contains 50% more pigment than traditional lipstick, in a comfortable and moisturizing formula. Normally the combination of full-coverage and moisturizing would make me nervous (I never want to be seen with lipstick on my teeth), but after the marvelous Aqua Creams, I’m ready to trust Make Up For Ever on anything.

The shades come in three finishes — matte, pearly, and satin — and with 50 shades, they run the gamut from reds, pinks, and nudes to “art” colors like purple, gold, and black. Oh, and did I mention the shades are layerable?

The lipsticks are $19 each ($22 in Canada), and if you haven’t yet found your perfect lip brush, MUFE’s synthetic-bristle #3N ($18/$21 CAN) might be just the thing.
Make Up For Ever, MUFE, Rouge Artist Intense, lipstick shade guide, swatches

7 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense”

• Phyrra says:

Thanks for the sneak peek! I’m always a fan of purple and black for lipstick, even if they’re not colors I’d wear every day.

• Wendy says:

Ooh, so pretty, and wonderful colours like purple too!!! I hope we’ll be able to get these in the UK.

• Lily says:

Can’t wait to see your swatches!

• Nicole says:

my god these look gorgeous already! i’m loving a few of them already!

• Nicole says:

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!
    can’t wait to see your swatches – I live in Australia so no makeup forever counters anywhere here. All ordering has to be online so your swatches are a godsend….
    thanks alot in advance!!!!

• LNU says:

These look great! I’ll definitely check these out!

• Erin says:

I can’t wait to see your mwatches! The Sephora I’m near for the summer has NO MUFE lip products outside of the aqua creams (which literally just arrived), so I’ll definitely be looking forward to your ever-amazing swatches. I see a lot of beautiful reds in this line–my favorite!