Just when I think I have experienced the pinnacle of nail polish excitement, a brand comes out with something so unimaginably awesome that I have to go and recalibrate my scale.
To wit: Orly’s fall collection: Cosmic FX. These limited edition polishes produce “multi-dimensional flashes of intense shimmer.”
Basically the new formula incorporates minerals (mica! and silica), crystals, and glass to produce some kind of magic foil-glass-micro-glitter-color-shifting polish like nothing we’ve seen before.
The collection includes:
- Lunar Eclipse â€“ blue with pink-purple FX
- Galaxy Girl â€“ purple with blue-green FX
- Itâ€™s Not Rocket Science â€“ green with gold-blue FX
- Space Cadet â€“ green with purple-gold FX
- Halley’s Comet â€“ turquoise with green-yellow FX
- Out of this World â€“ purple with pink-silver FX
I can’t wait to see these in person.
All Orly polishes are free of DBP, toluene and all traces of formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin. The Cosmic FX shades are $10 each, on account of the special ingredients (sparkles are expensive).