Too Faced Naked Palette

Too Faced, Naked, paletteAbout a year ago, Too Faced came out with a 9-pan eyeshadow palette called the Natural Eye Palette. I fell in love with the promo image on Sephora’s website, was delighted by the softness and pigmentation of the shadows, but was ultimately turned off by the frostiness of the four frosty shades. Click here to revisit swatches of the Natural palette.

Well Too Faced has come out with a new eye palette (which I can’t help thinking of as “version 2.0″). The “Naked Eye Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection” is cooler, softer, and a little less frosty. I just wish Too Faced wouldn’t name things in a way that’s clearly designed to confuse me.

In the Buff is matte white. Birthday Suit is satin mauve-beige. Pink Cheeks is a satin pale pink. Pillow Talk is satin sand. Satin Sheets is a shimmery/frosty pale-pink/oyster-gold duochrome. Lap Dance is a shimmery/frosty purple-grey (iced violet). Like a Virgin is a matte taupe. Unmentionables is a shimmery gunmetal taupe. Stiletto is matte black, not exceptionally pigmented.

The Naked palette is available at Sephora for $35.
Too Faced, Naked, palette, swatches, In the Buff, Birthday Suit, Pink Cheeks, Pillow Talk, Satin Sheets, Lap Dance, Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Stiletto, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

11 Responses to “Too Faced Naked Palette”

• Phyrra says:

I picked this up a while ago because I don’t really have a lot of nudes/neutrals in my eye shadow collection. I couldn’t believe that I found the most useful color in it ‘In the Buff.’ It’s great for me to use on my browbone and crease before I put on a crease color. It lets me diffuse and blend a lot easier.

• Marcia says:

I’ve been considering getting this, since the UD Naked palette is so hard to get. Cooler colors are better for me, I think. Thanks for the helpful visual!

• Shannon says:

I really want Lap Dance. Ever since i saw another MUAer wearing Lap Dance, i’ve wanted it, but it doesn’t come in a single! The rest of the palette looks nice, but so far i guess I don’t particularly want it badly enough to warrant $35 (especially with Stila Fall and Shady Lady both making me want like mad), and packaging’s a bit meh (makes me think of UD BoS’s which are a pain in the behind).

Lap Dance! I wish I can get Lap Dance and Unmentionable in a Duo together or something…

• Wow, I bet Too Faced were kicking themselves when they realized Urban Decay had come out with a Naked Palette that would be WAY more popular.

These colors look okay, but I wish they would step it up with the packaging a little bit… I think it’s kind of tacky :(

• Mara says:

I already have the UD Naked palette but I’m considering buying this as well because it has more cool toned nude colors that I think will complement the UD one. Since I have fair/medium skin, both palettes will work for me.

• Kristine says:

Hi Karla!
    I know what you mean about the names being confusing.. I kept getting the 2 mixed up on Sephora’s website lol. I like this one alot more cause its cooler than the first one, however I just wish they would change the box and make it more storage friendly lol.

• These colors look very beautiful. I think I may like them better than the UD Naked palette. I guess because these are cool toned.
    I agree with everyone else. I don’t like the packaging very much. It looks cheap. Reminds me of something I’d find for like $10 at a beauty supply store. I’m also not wild about the names. “Love your shadow, what are you wearing?” Umm…Lap Dance…

• tpzhearts says:

I want this so badly, but I already have a lot shadows similar to the lighter shades. I wish they would sell these individually or as duos – I agree that the packaging is soo unnecessary.

• Christa says:

I adore this palette. Tone wise, it is far more wearable than UD’s Naked palette. Love the cooler toned colors, and they apply like butter. Honestly, of you’re into neutrals, everything you need is in this thing.

• hannah says:

I can’t wait to get this palette for my birthday, i like this much better then the neutral palette becuase this as karla says aren’t as frosty andd i perfer cooler shadows on my eyes :)