Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipstick

I’ve gotten a number of requests for swatches of very high end brands lately, and though I always aim to please, I feel you should know that I am swatching these products at great personal risk. Why? Because I always end up falling in love with the products I swatch — and for now, I will have to love these from afar.

Cle de Peau’s Extra Silky Lipsticks are like lipstick and gloss in one. They contain Moroccan oil for hydration and shine, and they have a very lightweight feel with a lot of “slip.” The shades range from sheer to semi-sheer, and they can be worn alone or over lipstick. By themselves they’re not the longest wearing lip products; they probably last longer over another lipstick.

Extra Silky Lipsticks are $52 each, packaged in slender “click tube” pens (similar to Dior’s Serum de Rouge).
Cle de Peau, Extra Silky Lipstick, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Cle de Peau, Extra Silky Lipstick, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Shades 127 and 128 are the newest additions to the lineup; any missing numbers are discontinued shades. Actually, 113 is also discontinued, but my counter still had a tester, so I swatched it.

I tried on 105 and it seemed like that perfect warm pink that everybody’s looking for. I did not notice a scent.

13 Responses to “Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipstick”

• LU says:

I like 116!

• Ann says:

I LOVE them, thanks for swatching these!

• Estelle says:

Karla, thank you soooo much! These are my absolute favorite lipsticks, I’m slowly swapping and tossing most of my lipsticks and lipglosses since CdP Extra Silkies are all I wear lately. *planning my next order now of 108 and 109 and 128- already have 105, 110, 119 & 124* I think these are worth every penny, they are DIVINE. And while I generally love Dior lip products, I found their Serum de Rouge l/s more greasy feeling.

• Lisa says:

Wow…those look really lovely, and I really appreciate the risk you take!
    Still, I don’t think anything is worth $52 a tube!

• Polly says:

Thx for swatching!! It helped me a lot :D

I’ve already got 106 and 114 and saving up for 105, 109 and 124!

• Michele says:

love 110 – great natural look and the shine lasts!

• Lynn says:

which shade do you deem to be a great mlbb?

Lynn – What do you mean by “MLBB,” and what’s your skintone? Many ladies mean something slightly mauvey and similar-to-their-lips-but-still-visible, in which case I’d recommend 109. If you’re very pale (or prefer something less noticeable), you might like something lighter, like 108 or 124. (Or 128 if you’re very comfortable with mauvey colors — I’m not, myself). If you’re darker, maybe 111?

Since I personally prefer warmer shades, I might pick 127 for myself.

• LyNn says:

my skintone is mac nc25

• setare says:

hello, I want to have full ingredients of Cle De Peau Extra Silky Lipstick if it is possible.

Squalane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, bis-behenyl/phytosteryl dimer dilinoleate, triisostearin, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene, microcrystalline wax, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyapatite, calcium aluminum borosilicate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica, trimethylolpropane triethylhexandate, iron oxides, diisostearyl malate, argana spinosa kernel oil, PEG/PPG-36/41 dimethyl ether, pentaerythrityl tetrabehenate/benzoate, ethylhexanoate, sodium magnesium silicate, glyceryl diisostearate, tocopherol, polysilicone-2, methicone, red 27, silica, glycerine, tetradecene, fragrance, dimethicone, polyacrylate-4, water, BHT, linalool, citronellol, sodium acetylated hyaluronate

What ingredient were you looking for (or hoping was not included)?

• Alison says:

I love seeing reviews and swatches of Cle de Peau products. Their lipsticks are high quality and truly an investment, so you want to know as much as you can before purchasing! Would you swatch the Extra Rich lipsticks, Karla? I’ve searched and searched, but no one has done a clear, labelled set of swatches of the range. Even single swatches are pretty rare.