Lips of the Day: Lancome Rose Divine

I fell in love with Lancome’s Rose Divine the moment I swatched it. No, the moment I saw the promo photo for their French Coquettes collection — but the swatch confirmed the attraction.

Needless to say, I’ve been wearing this color a LOT. I’m not usually a girl for “it” bags or seasonal shades (I wear my peach-pink year-round)… but this is my fall color.
Lancome, Rose Divine, lip swatch, L'Absolu Rouge, French Coquettes
It’s pretty much my ideal rose shade; not so dark that it looks severe on my skintone, and not so blue it makes me look cold/dead. It’s just sophisticated and autumnal. (And a little less peachy in person than it looks here, in full sunlight.)

L’Absolu Rouge is also my favorite lipstick formula right now. The color lasts beautifully (it’s mildly staining), but the moisturizing skincare ingredient (Pro-Xylane) makes it incredibly comfortable to wear. L’Absolu Rouge lipsticks are $29, and Rose Divine is limited edition for fall.

7 Responses to “Lips of the Day: Lancome Rose Divine”

• Ann says:

Nice! My Fall shade has been Lipstick Queen Saint Nude which you swatched here: http://karlasugar.net/2009/03/lipstick-queen-saint-lipstick/

I apply it a bit more opaquely than in the swatches and it comes out a lovely peachy nude on my lips, so wearable and perfect!

• Claire says:

I am a Lipstick Fanatic, loving this shade! I might check this out as I am after a red that isn’t to in your face x

• I love that one too, Karla–big surprise huh? We’re lippie twins!! Have you tried Lipstick Queen Jean Queen? You’ll love it and it’s cheap on QVC.

• kate says:

ah, i like it! so pretty shade, pink and peachy, looks really nice on your lips.)
    though it seems to be too bright for me, all those nice colors make me look like a teenager that found mother’s makeup and doesn’t know how to use it properly.. but perhaps applying it with fingers or dabbing it softly onto lips might be a solution for me, it’s very lovely color..

• HT says:

I bought this after seeing your swatch of it! I love it! A beautiful shade for fall. :)

• Kelly says:

That looks gorgeous on you :)

x

• Carol B says:

Thank you for sharing this beautiful color! I needed a good excuse to visit my Lancome counter and try it out. We have similar coloring so I knew it would be fantastic. :)