MAC Venomous Villains: Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)

MAC, Venomous Villains, Dr. FacilierThe Princess and the Frog was a 2009 Disney release, a story set in 1926 New Orleans (and featuring Disney’s first African American princess). I confess, I haven’t seen the movie, so I don’t have the same feelings for Dr. Facilier as I do for the other villains.

This collection does include a lot of repromotes. Slick Black Greasepaint Stick first appeared in MAC’s Art Supplies collection. Brash & Bold and Push the Edge pigments were both part of MAC’s Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection. Melon is a permanent shade; Resort Life Lipgelee was part of Lillyland. All three of the pigments were swatched on a dry arm (no base).

In terms of new products, there is the hilariously named “Magically Cool Liquid Powder.” This stuff is so weird. It’s a powder, but it really does feel cool and liquidy when you apply it to your skin. I made my swatches with a triangle sponge, and the excess powder almost balled up on my skin before getting blended in. My sales associate recommended applying this with a dense brush like the 109, and she recommended really buffing it in.
MAC, Venomous Villains, Dr. Facilier, swatches, Slick Black, French Quarter, Truth and Light, Cajun, Brash and Bold, Push the Edge, Melon, Resort Life, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
There’s also a new Greasepaint Stick: French Quarter, and it is so pretty. I swatched it, then blended it out on my hand to show you the possibilities. I think most folks wear Greasepaint Sticks as eyeshadow or eyeshadow base. They’re very soft and very creamy, so you have to apply carefully (with a sharp tip) if you want to use them as eyeliner. French Quarter does have sparkles, so I’d be wary of using it on my waterline.
MAC, Venomous Villains, Dr. Facilier, French Quarter Greasepaint Stick, swatches
The “extra” items in Dr. Facilier’s collection are Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara ($14), and a mirror compact (regular and magnifying) for $12. I can’t help feeling that the mirror should have gone with Snow White’s Evil Queen (“Mirror, mirror…”?), and looking at Dr. Facilier on the lid of the compact, I want to ask, “Why is that man yelling at me?”

The Greasepaint Sticks are $17.50. The Magically Cool Liquid Powder is $29.50. The pigments are $19.50. Resort Life Lipgelee is $15.

14 Responses to “MAC Venomous Villains: Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)”

• valerie says:

Hmmm, if I have greasepaint stick in Dirty (I use as eyeliner), do I need French Quarter? It is very pretty…

• I’ll take Resort Life, French Quarter, and all 3 pigments from this collection.

• Leticia says:

I reeeaaally want the pigments. I already have Melon. I just need the other two.

Cosmetics Aficionado

• Erin T says:

Dr. Facilier was one of the best Disney villains for a long time and one of the best parts of the movie: wish they’d done something a little more interesting with his collection and had fewer repromotes.

• Jaime says:

Hi! What did you use to blend out French Quarter? A brush, a sponge? Thanks, Karla! :)

• Dia says:

Karla, do you think the “Magically Cool Liquid Powder” could possibly be similar in formulation to Prescriptives’ Magic Liquid Powder? (You can find reviews on MUA if you’re not familiar with it. ;) ) MAC and Px are, or were in PX’s case, EL brands, and I wonder if we’ll see Px products moved over to other EL lines.

I’ve heard a number of folks speculating that it’s the same thing. I don’t know if they speak from personal experience (and I have no first-hand experience with that product myself), but I’m inclined to believe them.

• Kathy says:

I must agree about the mirror. I’ve been wanting something like this and I would get it if ANY of the other 3 villains were on it – - – but not Dr.F!!

I must have the greasepaint stick though!

• sabeena says:

Hi
    the mac makeup artist did confirm that is the same cooling powder the prescriptives had.She sad MAC bought the powder.

Thanks

• Tiffany says:

I totally agree with you on the mirror. Out of this set I’ll probably just pick up French Quarter, but the powder sounds interesting.

• Dana says:

Hehehe, that magically cool liquid powder sounds so cool… And that greasepaint stick! Something I shall have a look at =)