NYX One Night in Morocco Palette

NYX has been working overtime lately — they were backstage at Betsey Johnson, they’re making video tutorials, they’re showing up at trade shows, and they’ve been coming out with a slew of new products — some for the party girl (Liquid Crystal eyeliner), some for the 9-to-5er (Nude on Nude Natural Look eyeshadow palette).

NYX, One Night in Morocco, Matte Smoky Look, paletteNYX gave me the opportunity to swatch some of their new goodies, so I thought I’d start with the “One Night in Morocco” Matte Smoky Look palette.

The palette contains an eye base (in a long, cream strip), eight powder shadows, and four lipcolors. It’s $15, available at nyxcosmetics.com and cherryculture.com (and, no doubt, will soon be available at nonpareilboutique.com too). If you time your purchase just right, you may even find a coupon code.

NYX, One Night in Morocco, palette, Matte Smoky LookThe shadows are all pretty nice: soft and pigmented even without the benefit of an eyeshadow base. I also appreciated the mix of warmer and cooler neutral shades.

The eyeshadow base didn’t win me over right away. Though it nearly blends in with my arm, it’s a little too peachy/orange for my lids. It might be a perfect match for a slightly darker skintone, though if you use it sparingly (perhaps apply with a fluffy brush? and don’t blend higher than you intend to place eyeshadow), it shouldn’t be a problem.

The four lip colors are unscented (they have perhaps a faint “makeup” scent). They live in a pull-out drawer under the eyeshadow.
NYX, One Night in Morocco, palette, Matte Smoky Look, S112, swatches
I also swatched the eyeshadows over the cream base, but I’m not sure I used the optimal technique. I applied the base with a fingertip, then used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply shadow on top, without really giving the base time to dry or set. I personally prefer the look of the last shade dry, without the base.
NYX, One Night in Morocco, palette, swatches, Matte Smoky Look, S112
NYX does not test on animals, though this palette is not vegan.

13 Responses to “NYX One Night in Morocco Palette”

• I love the lip colors in this palette- just beautiful.

• Jean says:

sweet! finally, a matte smokey eye, love it!

• soaper1 says:

I’m so glad you swatched this. I’ve been very curious about it. Thanks!

• Diane says:

I love it! So glad to see this, since I already got mine from the Hautelook sale. NYX can be hit and miss but this one looks like a winner!

• Jackie says:

Very pretty!

• Looks lovely! But I guess they can’t make a Paris palette now…

:D

• Wendy says:

Hey how about swatching the mega glosses.
    Please!!!

• Shannon says:

wow, those looks really amazing. the e/s looks surprisingly pigmented/nice. they weren’t chalky? and the lip colors! :D wow…damn, that looks like a good investment!

• Jan says:

I love that pallete. I want it. Dear, i wrote a post in portuguese on my blog talking about this pallete. I took your pics but said where they are.

Nice blog.

Kisses

• i love NYX! they are my favorite drugstore brand, I sometimes even love it more than MAC

• OOOOH, just $15?! That might hold me over until I can get my hands on the Naked palette ;) And I don’t usually like palettes with lip color, but this Morocco palette looks really promising.

• I am loving that almost blue light grey! Lovely palette, thanks as always karla!

• blusherine says:

oh i love nyx eyeshadow palettes, and this one looks great! will have to order it! :-)