Sephora Friends & Family

Oh readers, I look forward to this every year: the Sephora Friends and Family code is now active.

All kinds of brands (cosmetics! fragrance! skincare!) that would never go on sale can be yours for 20% off, with the code FF2010.

The code should be active now through November 3 (but items do go out of stock). Shipping is free with a purchase over $50 (as usual. That’s before tax and discount are factored in). Unfortunately, the sale applies only to the U.S.

And if you’re thinking about those Guerlain palettes (swatches of those) — I am — Champs-Elysees and Rue de Sevres (damn!) are out of stock. At this moment, Rue de Passy, Rue des Francs-Bourgeois, and Place Vendome are still available.

This is also the first year in a long time that Bobbi Brown has been available at Sephora, so click here for swatches of her stuff.

Happy shopping!

7 Responses to “Sephora Friends & Family”

• Jocelyn says:

Oh Karla, why does the US get everything :( Will there be a FF sale for Canada? And do they do FF sales in store or only online. My LM TM is low and I need to buy a new one :P

I don’t know for sure, Jocelyn. I’ve heard that Canada may get an in-store coupon for 20% off the week after the U.S. FF, but I don’t know if that rumor is real or just wishful thinking.

Last year Sephora gave out giftcards after the FF event (regular cardholders got some small amount, like $10 or $15, and VIB members got a slightly higher amount, like $15 or $20). That *may* apply to Canada.

• saku says:

I ask one of the associate at Sephora yesterday and they didn’t know when the sale was. Interesting that they didn’t know yet.

I’m kind of broke this week so I have to wait. So hopefully my list things won’t be sold out by then. Thanks.

An update from Sephora’s Facebook page: “A limited number of Friends & Family discount cards are distributed to Sephora employees who then mail them to their friends & family members for shopping online or in-store from 10/22 – 11/3. To get the discount in-store, physical card holders need to present one of these cards with a photo id. Since we aren’t able to apply discounts to Canadian orders, Canadian clients will only be able to get the discount at the store if they have a Friends & Family card from a Sephora employee friend or family member. Please continue to check Sephora’s Facebook page for special updates for fans.”

Why would you need a photo ID, I wonder?

• saku says:

^^ Thanks so it’s mail in.

• AZ says:

Hey Karla, I can’t seem to find any of the new Guerlain essence de gloss at Sephora, but somehow they have the palettes. Does that mean Sephora will never carry the glosses or is it just they don’t have them right now?

I don’t know, but I’ll try to find out.