Armani Uptown Mauves

Armani has a lovely, lovely, limited edition lipstick collection out right now. It’s called Uptown Mauves, and though the lipsticks are “Rouge d’Armani” formula and the packaging looks the same, these are a slightly different bird. The six lipsticks in this collection are more sheer, with a lot of slip — they actually reminded me of Cle de Peau’s Extra Silky lipsticks. They also all have a little sparkle to them (very subtle; only visible in sunlight).

While we’re talking about naming oddities, Uptown Mauves? There’s not one mauve shade.
Armani, Uptown Mauves, swatches, Beige 105, Beige 106, Pink 515, Pink 516, Plum 605, Plum 606, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Like the other Rouge d’Armani lipsticks, Uptown Mauves uses a Dewey Decimal system to categorize shades. 100s are “Beige,” 500s are “Pink,” and 600s are “Plum,” though those terms may be loosely interpreted.

I am in love with soft, pinky peach (with gold sparkles) Beige 105 and sheer rose (with a few pink sparkles) Plum 606.

Beige 106 is a warm grey-brown with red/pink sparkles. Pink 515 is a sheer, cool pink with a few blue sparkles. Pink 516 is a sheer, deep wine-rose — slightly more red than berry Plum 605.

Like other Rouge d’Armanis, these lipsticks are $30 each.

9 Responses to “Armani Uptown Mauves”

• switch says:

I adore 105, 515 and 606! Do the sparkles feel gritty at all?

Not at all; they’re very, very subtle. The lipsticks feel totally smooth, with a lot of slip (the initial sensory similarity to CdP’s Extra Silky lipsticks is uncanny).

• switch says:

Sounds great! I’ve heard lots of nice things about the CDP formula, this would be a more affordable substitute. Also, is it only me or is Plum 606 close in color to Chanel Darling Rouge Allure? They look very similar to me (onscreen, at least). Thanks again, Karla!

Err, I wouldn’t have said so. It’s possible that they could produce a similar result, on some skintones/liptones, based on the sheerness of the Armani.

• The last three are my favorite!

• Jean says:

::Adds 105 and 606 to the lemming list::
    These look so much creamier than the regular Rouge D’Armani lippies. I must give them a try!

• Saylee says:

I bought 516 and it looks adorable on my NC40 skin tone..HG material..this is my 4th l/s GA rouge l/s

• sherry says:

Hmm.. I am in LOVE in CDP’s silky lipstick. So if these are similar, I must check them out!

• These are so beautiful. I really like most of these shades. A fear some new lemmings!
    x