Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation

Laura Mercier, Creme Smooth foundationLaura Mercier has a new foundation out, and a lot of you asked to see swatches of it (I aim to please!).

Creme Smooth foundation has an interesting texture: it’s like pudding in a jar, though the sales associate assured me that it spreads and blends like a dream (gliding over the skin, she said, not settling into lines). She also said it’s the first Laura Mercier foundation that is specifically recommended for application with fingers.

To my surprise, the sales associates said Creme Smooth’s coverage was not as full as Silk Creme; it provides medium, buildable coverage (and they strongly recommended using it with a primer).

Creme Smooth is Laura’s first treatment foundation (though, as with almost all treatment foundations, it shouldn’t replace your regular skincare). It contains Dermaxyl (a line-reducer, said to help with moisture retention) and is best for normal-to-dry skin. According to the sales associates, you should see reduced lines and wrinkles in four weeks of use.

Creme Smooth comes in 12 shades. A 1 oz jar is $50.
Laura Mercier, Creme Smooth, foundation, swatches, Porcelain Ivory, Blush Ivory, Warm Ivory, Sunny Beige, Vanilla Beige, Shell Beige, Golden Beige, Honey Beige, Suntan Beige, Tawny Beige, Rich Sienna, Toffee Bronze, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

10 Responses to “Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation”

• Ann says:

Thank you so much for swatching this! Do you think Porcelain Ivory is lighter, darker or the same as MAC NW/C 15?

• Marie says:

Thanks for the swatches!
    How does Porcelain Ivory compare to Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia?

• Isabella says:

Thank you so much for the swatches, this one seems really nice for winter dry skin! Karla could you swatch the Silk Creme foundation, Laura Mercier isn’t available in my country and I cannot find swatches anywhere online and am really worried about ordering as I don’t wanna get the wrong shade, and I really, really want this foundation? :)

• KellyK says:

I have this in the warm ivory, i’d say I’m an nw15/20. I think the warm ivory is the perfect match for my skin tone, and not only does it not settle into fine lines it doesn’t settle into my pores either! Win-win!

• Chelsea says:

I’m too shocked by the flowers in the background to notice the swatches! It hit -22 here today!

• swatchgirl says:

You know what this reminds me of? It sounds a lot like Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer just by the description of the texture.

• Phyrra says:

I’m probably in the minority, but I’m grossed out by jars these days for face products. However, it’s lovely to see the swatches! Thank you :)

• lia says:

hmm, looks like they’re missing some shades in the medium-dark range… It just jumps from medium to dark. Odd. Will definitely check them out, tho- thanks Karla!

• rocky69 says:

I really like the creamy texture. Sephora didn’t have Porcelain, so I may try it elsewhere. It comes with a plastic spatula to scoop out, and then I sanitize it.
    SB has a primer with Dermaxyl, and it does smooth over lines. So, hopefully, I’ll see similar results.
    Thanks for your swatches!

• Pam says:

I sure wish your swatches were posted a month earlier!

I purchased the Vanilla Beige based on the color description from Laura Mercier (below). I have cool (pink) undertones with light to medium skin.

As much as I love this foundation, the VB is just way too yellow, despite it’s claim of being “true neutral beige”. I looked jaundiced! It’s also too dark, though I could probably get away with that if the color tone was close. Sadly this isn’t the type of foundation you can easily mix two shades together, or I would get the Blush Ivory, and mix them. Looking at your swatches, I may be able to wear the Shell Beige.

Anyway, I applied the foundation with a stippling brush, and it looked beautiful. You only need a tiny amount. It doesn’t sink into lines/wrinkles and has a nice dewy, natural looking finish. It’s also somewhat build-able, though I still had to use concealer in some areas. I would call it light to medium coverage, depending on how you apply it. It lasted all day looking as fresh as when I put it on. I tried it twice, hoping I could get away with it, but the color is just too off. Still looking for my HG foundation. Sigh.

Thanks so much for ALL of your FABULOUS swatches & color descriptions. I find them to be spot-on! You are the BEST makeup shades reference on the internet! Seriously. Thank you a million times!!!

•Porcelain Ivory
    •Blush Ivory – pink ivory for very fair skin tones
    •Warm Ivory – warm beige ivory for fair to light skin tones
    •Sunny Beige – warm yellow beige for fair to light skin tones
    •Vanilla Beige – true neutral beige for medium to golden skin tones
    •Golden Beige – medium beige for yellow and golden skin tones
    •Shell Beige – beige with red undertones for medium to golden skin tones
    •Tawny Beige – medium with golden tones for olive complexions
    •Honey Beige – for medium to dark skin with golden undertones
    •Suntan Beige – for suntan and dark undertones