MAC Pink Friday with Nicki Minaj

MAC’s latest collaboration nearly escaped my attention — many thanks to the friendly pro-store sales associate who filled me in.

Nicki Minaj is a hip-hop star from Trinidad, and her debut album, Pink Friday, released November 19th. In honor of its release, Minaj collaborated with MAC to create a limited edition cool pink cream lipstick (Satin finish). The lipstick will only be sold through maccosmetics.com/pink4friday on four Fridays: November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17. Like all MAC lipsticks, it is $14.50.
MAC, Pink Friday, Nicki Minaj, swatches
Minaj has said that her longtime favorite lipstick was MAC’s Pink Nouveau (click here for a swatch). Pink Nouveau is a brighter, more saturated, more intense pink than Pink Friday.

Pink Friday is also a bit deeper than Saint Germain; less blue than Snob; and deeper, more intense, and less sheer than Viva Glam Gaga.

9 Responses to “MAC Pink Friday with Nicki Minaj”

• Rica says:

Karla!! I want that lipstick sooo badly! :( I heard that it’s going to be available online only??? :( ( What about internationally?

I understand it’s going to be available in North America, France, Germany, and the UK (all the same four dates).

I’ll give one away here on the blog, too. :)

• Rica says:

awww! :( I am nowhere from those countries mentioned. Huhu. I am from Hong Kong and am dying to get my hands on that lipstick. I love the shade so much! I hope they would release it in Asia too.

• Miranda says:

Is there any way you can swatch all of those lipsticks together? Pretty please? :)

Saint Germain was limited edition, but I can try to swatch the others while Gaga is still in stores. Remember: VG Gaga was a “long-life” limited edition product. It won’t be available after ~February.

• Sam says:

This is gorgeous! I don’t think I’ll be getting it Down Under though. Might have to pick up Gaga instead.

• Molly says:

Thanks for posting this. Now I know that I’ll be just fine w/o it!!

• Jaime Leah says:

That’s a really interesting way to go about it. What a pain though. I would totally forget to get it on all the Friday’s and be screwed. It’s a good thing I can live without it.

• JACKIE says:

GIRLS♥!!!!!
    LETS TWEET NICKI MINAJ AND BEG HER FOR THIS LIPSTICK TO STAY PERMANENT AND SO THEY SELL IT EVERYWHERE!!