Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream LinerI have got a GREAT drugstore find for you today, readers. As part of their “Shimmer Strips” collection, Physicians Formula makes these little cream eyeliner towers. Each eye color gets a trio of shades (for $10.95) — though, as always, you’re free to break the rules when picking your favorite.

The formula is very creamy, but once it set, the liner wore really nicely. (The box claims 24-hour wear — I didn’t test it for quite that long.)

Amusingly, the box also designates the first shade in each set the “natural” shade; the second is “playful”; the third is “dramatic. I tried on the blue shade, and for face-to-face conversation, it felt really bright.  Maybe I just applied too heavy a line, but I felt self-conscious and ended up putting brown over it.

You can also separate the blocks in your tower (for travel?), but the jars aren’t individually labeled.
Physicians Formula, Shimmer Strips, eyeliner, Blue Eyes, Green Eyes, Hazel Eyes, Brown Eyes, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Blue Eyes gets shades in sapphire, bronze, and blue with blue sparkles. Green Eyes gets a mossy yellow green, a blue violet, and a black with green sparkles. Hazel Eyes gets a cool brown taupe, orchid (pink-purple), and black with orchid sparkles. Brown Eyes gets a cool brown, a royal purple, and black with blue-purple sparkles.

I’m not sure I could pick a favorite; I kind of like each group.  Something to keep in mind for the next Physicians Formula BOGO?

These products were provided by the manufacturer for the purposes of swatching.

15 Responses to “Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner”

• despoina1976 says:

Well i am not quite sure if i agree with the colour sugestions for green eyes.I mean Green on Green Eye…

• Amber says:

I have both the green eyes and the hazel eyes. I really like to wear the purple in the hazel eyes as a eyeshadow. It doesn’t give enough “ooomp” as just a liner but as a shadow, it’s amazing on hazel eyes. My DH even commented on how my eyes looked.

• jbrobeck says:

I always want to buy these sets, stare at them in the DS, can’t make up my mind which one to buy, freak out, and then leave without buying any! I need to get over it!

• Dana says:

That moss green looks really great. I have hazel eyes and it’s been a challenge to find a green liner that doesn’t end up looking too blue. Even UD Mildew 24/7 ended up looking teal >:P This looks bright and warm enough to do the trick. The blue-violet looks pretty awesome too. Thanks for the post KS!

• Yvonne says:

I picked up the one for green eyes today and tried it on. washed my face (sans soap) and rubbed–this stuff is totally waterproof. i wasnt expecting it. such a good find!

• Eva says:

The green eyes set is calling my name!

Amber, that sounds fascinating! What brush do you use to apply?

• I have the Blue eyes and Brown eyes sets, and love them both. I’m really impressed with the pigmentation, and the little brush that it comes with is quite good! I’m definitely going to buy more of these.

• Phyrra says:

I Love these!
    I have the blue eyes set, though now I think I need the green.
    I wish that they sold the blacks as a trio. I love the blue sparkles in the black from the Blue Eyes set.

• Tiffany says:

Wow, they sound great! I’ll keep an eye out for the green and hazel sets, though I kind of want them all.

• Maria says:

These Look Amazing!!!!!!!

• Daisy Gentry says:

• marox79 says:

They look awesome. Awesome price and you get 3 different colours! Pity we don’t have those brands over here. Umm, maybe Ebay.
    I don’t like the green on the Green Eyes set, though. I would have preferred an olive green, something more wearable.

• Michelle says:

Hey, thanks for the lovely swatch; can you tell me, are any of the brown liners close to a black-brown? I don’t have any experience with photographing liners, so I’m not sure how the flash might alter the colors. Thanks in advance :)