Sneak Peek: Chanel Spring 2011

Chanel, spring, 2011Spring 2011 will be delicately luminous, according to Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of Chanel Makeup. The spring collection is called Les Perles de Chanel, and it features pearlized shades of black and white, accented with pinks and corals to brighten the complexion and create a natural glow.

The star of the collection is the Ombres Perlees eyeshadow palette, five luminous shades in a limited edition compact for $65. There’s a “regular” eyeshadow quad, too: Regard Perle. Its shades are deep green, rose, beige, ivory. At $56, it’s standard price for a Chanel quad — and I think it might be a permanent addition to the line.

Chanel, spring, 2011There’s a new Joues Contraste Blush! Espiegle! It’s peach! As far as I know this is also permanent (JC blushes are $42). There’s also a new, limited edition shade of Poudre Universelle Compacte (natural-finish pressed powder, $44): Rose Merveille, a rose beige.

There is also a SLEW of new lip colors: Peregrina and Jersey Rose (Rouge Cocos, $30), Coquette and Flamboyante (Rouge Allures, $30), Aragonite and Nakkar (Glossimers, $27), and Cristal Rose (Rouge Double Intensite, the only limited edition lip in the collection, $34).

Finally: three new nail colors — a white, a peach, and a black (how unusual for spring!).

I can’t wait to see it!
Chanel, spring, 2011, product guide

17 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Chanel Spring 2011”

• kellyk says:

Whoo hoo! So gorgeous! I can’t decide which item I love more!

• Natalie says:

Do you know when this collection is coming out? I know the official launch date is sometime January, but the counters release it in December?

• Stephanie says:

I haven’t been this excited about Chanel since the Fall collection! I’m all over the lips and nails! :D

• Nicole says:

must.have.blush!!!!!!

• Oh dear, like the looks of the blush, the lipsticks and the eye shadow palette. Oh dear!

• Nazia says:

Gosh darnit, this collection is going to leave me broke (again!)

I love the promotion picture and so many of the items are calling my name – I just hope they all get released over here in the UK! So many times I’ve gone up to the counter and enquired about a product only to be met with a confused face! Happens a lot with Chanel.

Natalie – “January” is all I’ve heard; my counter doesn’t have this stuff in yet.

• Gail says:

Check SAKS – they have had it for a while.

YES! Maybe I can go to the event early tomorrow and get Chanel swatched during daylight hours! Thanks, Gail!

• Julie says:

Karla if you by some miraculous chance are able to swatch them tomorrow, you are my savior for life lol! I’ve been desperately searching for swatches of the lippies! I <3 this collection.

I’m not sure where Gail lives, but I am extremely sad to report that my local Saks does not have this collection in yet. :-( Sorry, Julie! I’ll be eagerly waiting for its arrival.

• Gail says:

I’m in Florida – Will try to get there today for the event. And Your Welcome – SAKS seems to get the collections 1st here.

• Natalie says:

Thanks ladies :) Someone is already selling the palette on ebay. All these different release dates are crazy lol

• Lori says:

They definitely have it already on counter at Saks in NYC. Haven’t seen it at any other stores though.

• Gail says:

Well – I got the quad/eye pencil/blush/powder & both glosses – its a beautiful collection & I really had to get out of there before I bought more as I planned on getting just the blush (reminds me a little of the old one Reflex.

• Evelyn says:

ooh can’t wait for this collection. Wonder how pigmented the LE e/s palette is? yeah to a perm jc blush :)

• leslie says:

Do you know if the Espiegle blush is the same as MACs Utterly Game blush? My Nordstroms is getting it this Wednesday.