Sneak Peek: Guerlain Spring 2011, Sur Mes Levres

Spring is busting out all over! Well, news of spring collections, anyway. And Guerlain’s collection looks pretty bold!

Here’s what’s coming:

Guerlain, spring, 2011A new Meteorites compact, “Pressed Illuminating and Mattifying Powder” (how does it do both?). Meteorites — pressed or loose pearls — have always come in a range of candy-colored pastel shades, which miraculously combine to become invisibly illuminating on the skin. These new compacts look skin-colored on the surface, but contain miniscule, multicoloured, radiant pearly particles. The compact is $56 and will be available in three shades.

Guerlain, spring, 2011Rouge G Serie Noire lipstick — four limited edition Rouge G lipsticks in Bond-James-Bond black cases. The shades are 71 Rose Desir, 70 Fushia Delice, 45 Orange Euphorique, and 24 Rouge Sensuel. I notice Guerlain has ditched the “G” names for this collection. These will be $46 each.

Guerlain, spring, 2011Blush G Serie Noire. For a long time, Guerlain blushes have been extremely subtle in pigment. Limited edition Blush G looks vibrant and gorgeous. It’s $65, packaged in a black case to match the Serie Noire lipsticks.

Guerlain, spring, 2011, Rue de Rivoli, Sur Mes LevresA new Ecrin 6 Couleurs eyeshadow palette!  I haven’t stopped wanting these gorgeous six-shade palettes since I first swatched them last summer. This spring, Guerlain introduces a sixth: Rue de Rivoli in nudes and purples. Rue de Rivoli is $84 like the others, but she’s limited edition.

7 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Guerlain Spring 2011, Sur Mes Levres”

• Sam says:

What a contrast between the ultra modern lipstick packaging and the sweet eyeshadow and Meteorite compacts. Hopefully I can pick this up duty free before (or during) my next holiday!

• mila says:

Ecrin 6 Couleurs eyeshadow palette
    I purchased one of these (93 Rue de Passy) and unfortunately the quality is nothing compared to my favorites Bobbi Browns. It is divinely designed and a real collectors item, but pigmentation is horrible. The shades are even my dream shades. I have one of the Ombre Eclat Duo’s and it’s amazing. L’Heure Fumee has the most amazing taupe shade and the pigmentation is fantastic.

• bisbee says:

Any idea when these will be available? Thanks!

Spring collections usually release in January, so it shouldn’t be too long now!

• Mackenzie says:

Do you know if the new Meteorites compact comes with the case or if it is just a refill?

• Shannon says:

it’s weird, I also bought Passy and I loved it to bits. I didn’t find it lacking in pigmentation at all, in fact i like how it goes on medium and then i can darken if necessary. it makes it more idiot proof? lol some of my more pigmented shadows end up with massive fallouts under my eyes, and overly crazy pigmentation, and i hated them.

but passy wasn’t lacking in pigmentation either, it was a perfect middle. i didn’t expect to like it as much as i did, but it’s shocking how every time i use it, i come out with this perfect gorgeous muted but not understated neutral eyes. very classy. but maybe it was just me lol

this one looks a little too pale though, i need medium shades for lid color due to having asian monolids (i can’t do the light color on lid and dark/medium in crease since i got no crease). still, purples!

It comes in a case, Mackenzie — perhaps the compact is made from cheaper materials, and that accounts for the lower price?