BeautyBloggers.org Recap

BeautyBloggers.orgSo this year’s BeautyBloggers.org charity auction is over, and all in all, we raised $5,027.30 for Doctors Without Borders. Folks, I could not be more thrilled. I know everybody feels this way about their favorite charities, but MSF does so much good worldwide, I get a little verklempt thinking we were able to help them.

I am amazed by the generosity of our bidders, especially those who donated a little extra, or bid more than retail because it was for a great cause.

And I want to especially recognize and thank lemonprint, who emailed me yesterday and said, “how much more do you need to get to $5,000?” Wow. I would have been proud no matter how much we raised, but I am elated that we surpassed my secret, unofficial goal for this auction.

I am amazed by the number (and generosity) of brands who volunteered to donate. Sincere thanks to:

I am amazed by the generosity of our participating bloggers (for their donations, for cheerfully shipping their products all over the world, and for working so hard to get the word out to bidders). Tremendous props to:

Thank you, everyone!

I’m excited for next year’s auction.

8 Responses to “BeautyBloggers.org Recap”

• Lulee says:

karla,

you are amazing for organizing this auction. you deserve what the cool kids call mad props!

• Lulee says:

oh and i totally love that you picked MSF as your charity of choice. that is my favorite charity as well, not only because of all the amazing work they do, but because such a high percentage of donations goes to actually helping people as opposed to management costs or whatnot. again, karla, amazing work!

• I’m also a big follower of MSF, I humbly admire their hard work & dedication to their job.

• Sabrina says:

BIG Thanks to you Karla for putting this together!!!!!!

• Evelyn says:

Just awesome!

• Amy says:

…and let’s not forget a huge thanks to YOU Karlasugar! It was a great idea and well-implemented. Now throughout the year, I’ll be thinking about what to donate for NEXT year hmmmmm…. :)

• Thanks goes to you Karla! For showing us all that while we all may have good intentions it takes someone special to ACT on those intentions. You had a big idea and YOU made it happen!!!
    I’m starting a special box for my donations for next year. I’m proud to have been a part of your idea!

• Paula says:

Joining in the chorus, Karla, and thanking you for putting this great plan into action. Thank you for letting me be a part of it, and I can’t wait to see what we can all accomplish next year! :)