Maybe I’m just too attached to Christina Hendricks as Joan in Mad Men — I’m not always a fan of her off-the-set looks. But I thought she looked fantastic at this year’s Golden Globes. Her gown was Romona Keveza, and it was one of my favorites of hers.
Vanessa Scali (for NARS cosmetics) created the makeup look. â€œI had this vision of a big, doe-eyed, lashy look from the late 70s and early 80s. To keep it modern, I kept the skin dewy with shimmering eyes and added a pop of matte texture on the lips,â€ said Scali.
Pro-Prime Multi Protect Primer With SPF (new for Spring 2011; available February 1st exclusively at Sephora)
Sheer Glow Foundation
Copacabana Illuminator (new for Spring 2011; available February 15th on narscosmetics.com)
Vesuvio Pure Matte Lipstick
Stylist Jen Atkin (for Sebastian Professional) did Hendricks’ pretty, loose, 70s-inspired curls.
â€œHer dress had a rich vintage feel, and this gorgeous accent on the shoulder that resembled a flower,” Atkin said. “Instead of putting her hair up, we opted to give it a modern twist and keep the hair bouncy and down. This style is great for cocktail parties, or to dress up a look.â€
- Begin by applying Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte at the roots, on damp hair.
- Blowdry the hair using a Mason Pearson brush, with your head upside down. Once hair is 75-percent dry, flip your head back over and curl the ends under, using a round brush.
- Spray Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray all over the hair, and brush it through to create a base to hold the waves.
- Using a 1″ curling iron, wrap 1″ sections in a clockwise direction and pin the curls. Once the curls are set, let it cool for 15 minutes (cool for 5-10 minutes if you have thick hair).
- Unpin the hair and brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush. Set the part and stretch out the bangs using a flat iron to get a smoother look toward the front of your face.
- Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray.