Sneak Peek: Chanel Summer

Chanel, Summer, 2011Chanel’s summer collection was inspired by fresh flowers and summer gardens (the name of the collection is Les Fleurs d’Ete de Chanel, which is literally “the flowers of summer”), and I really want to be the girl in the promo pic — I can only imagine she’s on a beach in Hawaii or Tahiti or St. Kitts.

The themes are pink lips, bronzed skin, and pale green on the eyes.

Chanel, Summer 2011I am already obsessing over the Soleil Tan de Chanel moisturizing bronzing powder. Bronze Rose is supposed to be the fair shade; Bronze Corail for deeper or tanned complexions… but how could I not fall in love with this picture of Corail? The powder will be $50.

With the new year, there’s also been a price increase; the Glossimers are now $28.50, and all polishes are up to $25. I’m very curious about Mimosa nail polish — will it be sheer?  Will we all fall in love the moment we see it?

This collection should be on counters in April.
Chanel, summer 2011

15 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Chanel Summer”

• lia says:

yellow nail polish!!! looks a bit neon in the picture- can’t wait to see it in person.

• Color Corner says:

omg i am DYING looking at that bronzer.

• Laura says:

Hey Karla,

Thanks for both Chanel posts. You know how a little Chanel brightens my day :-)

• Sarah says:

Thank you for sharing! Everything looks beautiful together! Especially the mimosa!

• Josie says:

Looks very exciting especially the glosses and nail polishes!

• Eileen says:

Too sad :-( It looks like a collection that I won’t be able to wear. Yellow and yellow tinged greens make me look sallow. I have friends, though, who would look lovely in those bright, tropical colors.

• AcademicGirl says:

I wonder which one is on her lips? Is it Pensee or the Pink? It looks a lot like Bel Air.

• Nicole says:

i’m super excited to get my hands on mimosa!!

• lexi920 says:

I think the only thing I am feeling is the bronzing powder and maybe the Pensee glossimer. I do love the photo of the model and yes, “I WANT TO GO TO THERE”

• Sarah says:

I have a bottle of Mimosa and it is amazing! It has the subtle Chanel shimmer, but not so much to make it look tacky.

Once on my nails I checked it against a Selfridges paper bag and it is an exact match (sorry – I realise that only helps people in the UK).

It is a bright yellow, but not neon – not everyone will like it. My mum suggested perhaps it needs to be worn when it it sunny, and dark.

• dee says:

Sarah, did you get the bottle that was on ebay?

• Sarah says:

Hi Dee,

I did. I thought it might be fake, but decided to give it a go as I was craving yellow. Pleased to report, as far as I can tell, it is the real thing!