Le Metier de Beaute Blush

Le Metier de BeauteThe internet reputation of luxury brand Le Metier de Beaute has been quietly and steadily building. I’ve seen their counters only at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman (same parent company), and I think most makeup lovers know the brand for their quadruple-milled powder products, their “kaleidoscope” palettes, and their pen-style liquid eyeliner.

I decided to start by swatching the brand’s blushes, because it was a quick-turnaround project. Le Metier only makes four blushes (or Radiance Powder Rouge, as they call it). These are $30 each, in pans the same size as their eyeshadows. (In product size and price point, they seem similar to Chantecaille.)

Light swatches:
Le Metier de Beaute, LMdB, blush, swatches, Fresh, Whisper, Rumor, Echo, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

Heavy swatches:
Fresh is a matte, muted mauve pink. Whisper is really a (champagne shimmer) highlighter — probably a fair-skin highlighter given how delicate it is. Rumor is a russety, burnished-tomatoey, red-orange-brown shimmer. In the lighter swatch, the color kind of reminds me of a suntan. Echo is reputed to “look like Orgasm” — I’m starting to feel that every pink-and-gold blush is described this way. Echo is a strong rose flush — in a heavy swatch it’s almost magenta; it definitely has some violet to it — that reflects gold (shimmer).

And, for extra credit: The sales associate said there are two eyeshadows (same size pan, same $30 price) that she often likes to use as blush: Naked and Tuscan Sunset.
Le Metier de Beaute, LMdB, eyeshadow, swatches, Naked, Tuscan Sunset, blush, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Naked is powder-pink with a few gold sparkles. The color reminds me of a slightly more neutral version of Armani’s spring 2011 blush. Tuscan Sunset is a deeper, reddened peach — I think it’s actually my favorite shade.

9 Responses to “Le Metier de Beaute Blush”

• panties says:

i have tuscan sunset, i wouldn’t have thought to use it as a blush. Thank you for the lovely idea :D

• S says:

Thanks for the great review! I just recently discovered LMDB and love what I’ve gotten. I have the Kaleidoscope Face Palette w/Echo and Whisper, it also has a setting powder and bronzer and I bought the split pan Ech/Bronzer too when I don’t need the entire palette.

• Eileen says:

In addition to Neiman’s and Beegdorf’s, LMdB also has counters at select Nordstrom stores.

• Katgirl625 says:

Ohhh, thank you for swatching these! I have zero access to LMdB locally, so I really depend on online swatches to help me pick out my colors. I’m tempted by one of the blushes and one of the eyeshadows to use as blush!

You’re a star! thanks so much!

• lia says:

The Nordstrom near me just got a counter for LMDB – their stuff looks interesting but really pricey! Of course, the think I’m interested in the most is the nail polishes… looks like there are some amazing shades, but soooo expensive for such tiny bottles!

• luv2smilexo says:

tuscan sunset looks lovely. I often forget you can use products in other ways than their intended use.

• Emily says:

I’m a bit confused: on your arm, Naked looks like (and you say it is) satin white-pink, lighter than the highlighter color of blush (Whisper). Here on the blush page, it looks decidedly pink, even mid-pink! Was it the same eye shadow? Thanks in advance. Love the swatches… SO much more useful than the department store pixel-swatches!

I’m confused, too, Emily. I don’t think I made a mistake during either swatching session, but the colors do look different. I guess I’ll have to go back and swatch Naked again, as shadow and blush together on the same arm.

AHA! I got the answer! There have been two different Nakeds (there was a reformulation).