Chanel Extrait de Gloss: Liberte

Readers, this makeup news item almost escaped me (but better late than never, I hope). When Chanel introduced its Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, they very discreetly gave Saks an exclusive — and absolutely gorgeous — shade: Liberte.
Chanel, Extrait de Gloss, Imaginaire, Liberte, Genie, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
And then — oh, the humanity — Chanel withdrew the color. It was probably meant to be limited edition all along, but since I was late to discover it existed, I was horrified to learn it was also being taken away.

Liberte is a warm pink, halfway between Imaginaire and Genie. Like all Rouge Allure Extrait de Glosses, it is $32 — and if you find one still for sale, don’t hesitate to scoop it up.

7 Responses to “Chanel Extrait de Gloss: Liberte”

• Meta says:

Hmmmm…I wonder if Australia gets this shade? I’ll have to have a wander into David Jones/Myers (Aussie department stores) after all this lunch time!

Btw, Karla will you be doing swatches of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine?

Yes, I will definitely be swatching Rouge Coco Shine. We Americans were told that the “global” release date was April 6th… but it seems every other country already has them out! So cruel!

• Alexis says:

Hi Karla,
    All I can say is WOW! That’s a lovely color, it looks like it would even work with my NC42 skin.

• Dana says:

Ooh la la! Would you look at those gorgeous colors – too pretty I’m going to just stare at them for a while. Can’t have too many Chanel now, can we? hahaha…

Australia has released the Coco Rouge Shine yeah and I wonder if they have these mmmmhhmmmm!!!

• Jennifer says:

I own both Imaginarie AND Genie cannot wait to get this! SAKS ONLY?

• Virginia says:

I wonder if they will bring it back. It’s such a pretty color, and I would love to get it!

• HT says:

If anyone is interested in Liberte, the Saks in New Orleans, LA, still has them and can do orders over the phone: 504-524-2200