NARS Illuminators

Building on the success of last year’s Orgasm Illuminator (a liquid highlighter), NARS is bringing three new shades into the fold: Copacabana, Super Orgasm, and Laguna ($29 each).

Here are light swatches:
NARS, Illuminator, Copacabana, Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Laguna, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

Here are heavier swatches:
The Illuminators are all sparkly, but Copacabana and Super Orgasm kick that sparkle up a notch. Copacabana is white-pink with a dense, silver multicolored sparkle. Orgasm is surprisingly bronzey for a product named after the blush. It’s a rosy golden brown with subtler sparkle. Super Orgasm is pink with dense gold sparkle. Laguna is warm golden brown with an Orgasm-level of sparkle.

The Illuminators are sold everywhere NARS is sold, but if you buy them from  NARScosmetics.com, the code karlasugar will get a free mini South Beach Multiple. (Everybody loves freebies!)

7 Responses to “NARS Illuminators”

• I know these aren’t supposed to opaque, but the sheerness really bothers me. It just feels like I could buy a sheer shimmery/glittery cream product anywhere, and it would be a lot less expensive too. Thank you for the swatches. My wallet is happy i don’t need them!

• Kate says:

I got a mini tube of Orgasm as a 100 point gift from Sephora and I like it much more than I expected. It’s really subtle and oddly, I really like using it as a sheer wash of color on my eyelids.

• Edelmc says:

If you use these as cheek highlighters, what is the difference between these and the multiples in the same colour?

• sizbelle says:

super orgasm looks sparky great! i wana lay my hands on that for that extra glow!

• garnetstorm says:

I have the Orgasm Illuminator and really enjoy it, especially with warm toned looks. They are definitely more sheer than the multiples.

• Kim says:

I have Copacabana and I really love it! (especially because it’s so much cheaper per unit than Benefit High Beam)
    And yes! I can finally get back on this blog~ xD

• Karen says:

Thanks for putting these images up. While considering whether or not to buy this product, I did a google search and found your page. This was just the info I needed to make the right colour choice, so thanks! Maybe NARS should be sending you spotters fees ;) Now I’m going to enjoy looking over the rest of your site. Have a great weekend!