Dior Translation Guide

A few readers have asked how Dior’s new Addict lipsticks compare to the previous incarnations of Addict (swatches, part 1, part 2, and part 3) and Addict High Shine.

Luckily, my good friend Kristina was able to track down Dior’s guide to shade translation — allowing me to share it with you.
Dior Addict, shade correlation guide
I hope this helps a few people! And for those of you how have seen some of these old/new shades, do you agree with Dior’s recommendations?

10 Responses to “Dior Translation Guide”

• Vedra says:

I was really hoping for an equivalent to Undressed Pink since it’s still on my wishlist – is there nothing similar to this one?

Here’s my old swatch of Undressed Pink: http://karlasugar.net/2009/06/dior-addict-lipstick-part-1/

Color-wise, I think your best bet might be 583 Backstage (though the finish isn’t quite the same): http://karlasugar.net/2011/04/dior-addict-lipstick/

Maybe also try on 535 Tailleur Bar?

• Vedra says:

Thanks for the suggestions & links Karla! :)

• saby says:

Hi Karla

I have the old dior addict with blue cap.Its 647 spicy red.Do u have any sugggestions for this shade?

thanks

Sorry, Saby, I’ve never seen Spicy Red. It might even have been a two-generations-ago shade (Dior has overhauled the Addicts before).

• donna says:

I don’t see Garconne??

• Daniella says:

Nude 333 is the new/ repackaged Nude Silhouette. Tulle is way too pink :)

• Sierra says:

Hi There! I love your website – if it weren’t for you I’d be more frazzled and confused :)
    I’m wondering if there is such a list for Dior’s Rouge (the original lipstick). When the case for the Dior Rouge lippie used to be blue/gold (striped) there was a shade called Rose Papillon 466 which I latently fell in love with. Come to know it got discontinued. Ive been on the hunt for years to find something that matches and nothing comes close. The shade was DIVINE. Any ideas what it might match? Or who we need to write to to get it re-instated?! :)
    Thanks in Advance!!!

• Anna says:

Agree with Sierra on shade 466. Can’t find anything like it. Any help will be most gratefully appreciated!