This past weekend I had the immense pleasure of watching the brilliant Rhona Samuels work her magic. Rhona is one of Armani’s national artists, and — as you would expect, she is unbelievably talented.
I’m happy just to watch Rhona work with other customers (I learn something new every time) — but when she finished with her last appointment, Rhona said, “Why haven’t I ever done your makeup?” and sat me down in her chair.
Her makeover was just perfect. It was exactly what I would have done for myself (if I had the skills of a pro artist).
Here’s what she used:
- Face Fabric #2 (best applied with fingers, Rhona says, and water-resistant for summer)
- Set with Lasting Silk UV Powder shade 3.5 (though I think I might be shade 3)
- Sheer Blush (powder) #2
- Fluid Sheer #2 to highlight
- High Precision Concealer #2. Rhona applies this from lash line to brow, (1) as a base for her shadows, and (2) to erase any discoloration, and start the eye at “skin zero.” Concealer can also behave like a basic brow highlight, and — even on its own — makes the brows look more defined.
- Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadow #5. I told Rhona I usually go for warm greys, so she chose this copper shadow as a lid color to take me outside my comfort zone. When I swatched the Eyes to Kill Intense shadows, I mentioned they were versatile: you can apply them as a sheer, lightly shimmery wash or build up a more metallic punch. Rhona pressed the shadow on (lash line to crease), and kept her application light.
- Maestro (powder) shadow #5 (a salmon color) in the crease
- Maestro (powder) shadow #2 (champagne) as a brow highlight
- Smooth Silk Eye Pencil #6 (green)
- Eyes to Kill mascara
- Brow Pencil #3
- Rouge d’Armani 105
- Lip Shimmer 1
- Lip Liner #10
I really loved all of her color choices. The copper shadow and green eyeliner were both beautiful. And best of all: the Eyes to Kill Intense shadows are waterproof, sweatproof, creaseproof, flakeproof, and 24-hour wear. Am I ready for summer or what?
I also should mention that my experience began with the application of Armani’s new Regenessence skincare line: serum, moisturizer, and eye cream. These feel (and smell) absolutely amazing.